July 1 (P2)

Ok, Journal, Dan’s asleep now so I can continue writing about what happened today. Even just sitting here writing it out is giving me butterflies. I think something might happen between me and Dan and I’m not sure if that’s a good thing. Anyway,

Dan leaned forward and I, feeling almost brainwashed, did the same. What was going to happen? Our faces were almost touching…

In order to avoid awkwardness as Dan got close and closer, I looked out the window. For some strange window, I thought that would help. We were almost a quarter of the way away from the ground and the sun was starting to set, all the city lights were turning on. It was a beautiful landscape.

Finally, softly, Dan’s lips met mine and I could feel his eyes close, his long eyelashes brushing my cheeks. I leaned forward into Dan and put my hands on his waist, as he put his on my shoulders. As he licked and sucked on my lips, I felt my heart do something weird in my chest; like it was slipping over. It tickled and felt funny but I’d never felt it before.

Finally we parted and, as I expected Dan’s face was hot and red and he turned away quickly, a tiny smile on the edge of his mouth. I looked back out the window and we were right near the end of the ride, people were starting to get off.

Dan got up from the seat. “Manchester is nice at night.” The doors to our carriage opened and we stumbled out. I was violently hot and a bit dizzy but I tried to contain myself as we walked away. I opened my bag and took out the list of places to eat at.

“You hungry, Dan?”

He nodded and took the piece of paper from my hands. As if nothing happened on the wheel. I can play that game too. “I don’t know any of the places on here!” Dan frowned. “You choose the place you want to eat at.”

I took the paper and put it back in my bag. “Well, in that case, there’s a place we’ll probably both like a few minutes’ walk from here!  Let’s give that one a go!” We set off at a brisk place and Dan tried to make conversation about the weather.

~    ~    ~

I smiled as I looked over and saw Dan fidgeting nervously in his chair. “We really aren’t dressed for this, Phil.” He whispered next to my ear. I looked around the fancy restaurant we were at to see people in dinner suits, long dresses and shiny shoes. It didn’t bother me too much, or the other people here, but it did seem to bother the waiter.

“You are… sure you can afford to eat here, sir?”

I looked up at the tall man with his hair greased back wearing white gloves and scowled. “Of course I am.”

Dan was looking very uncomfortable in the situation and I shot him a reassuring smile. “I hear the starters are just as good as the meals.” I winked. Dan looked away, smiling.

“Dan?”

“What?”

“Are you okay?” I smirked evilly. He was still trying to ignore the kiss on the wheel, but I wanted an explanation. “You haven’t been as happy since we got off the wheel!” Dan looked at me with wide eyes and saw me smirking.

“I’m not sure what you’re on about, Phil. I’m fine.” Dan threw back stubbornly, making stern eye contact. We both laughed.

“Why’d you kiss me, Dan?” I leaned forward, mocking. He pushed my chest and leaned away.

“Stop asking questions, you little shit. You kissed me back!”

I laughed longer this time and then our food arrived at the perfect time. It was expensive restaurant food, but like I said, it was close by and it looked pretty tasty.

“We’ll talk about this later.”

I would make sure we would talk about this tonight, even if I had to pin Dan down by his arms.

*   *   *

SORRY this one is short but I'll have another one up in a few hours to compensate :D Also sorry its really crappy I didn't have much time!!!