Arc 5:1-10

Chapter 99 Brainless and Unhappy 1

  "Naturally, mermaids are the treasures of the empire. There are only two in the entire empire, including the one we just found. We should fully respect the mermaids' ideas and cannot force them based on their status... Your Highness Lan Yin, do you think so?"

  In the spacious conference room, the unmarried and highest-status people in the empire gathered together. Everyone looked solemn. Those who didn't know thought that something big had happened to the empire, but in fact, it was about them. lifelong event.

  Thousands of years ago, human beings evolved spiritual power through the passage of time. Their life span increased to 300 years, their physical fitness also improved significantly, and technology was advanced to the point where they could travel in outer space in spaceships. However, their fertility slowed down. It slowly decreased, the number of newborns plummeted, and there were fewer and fewer women, until they disappeared. Amid the panic, someone discovered a natural mermaid that was not reproductively isolated from humans.

  Natural mermaids are beautiful and innocent in appearance, delicate and frail in body. Not only do they have an IQ comparable to that of humans, they can have children. Their tails can occasionally transform into legs, just like humans. They can also help humans channel their mental energy and avoid the occurrence of human diseases. Mental violence can lead to death, and every advantage is extremely attractive to humans. At that time, there was a huge craze for capturing natural mermaids.

  But the backlash came very quickly. Soon, no more natural mermaids appeared. The humans who continued to try to catch the mermaids were all killed by some kind of deep-sea beast that seemed to secretly protect the mermaids. Humanity learned from the painful experience and promulgated laws to protect the mermaids. Method, using the genes of natural mermaids to develop artificial mermaids, so they did not perish.

  It's just that the cultivation of artificial mermaids is demanding and their numbers are rare. Not only can they not form legs, but their IQs are also a little lower than ordinary people. Their physical fitness is extremely poor. They are almost too weak to take care of themselves. They cannot prevent human mental violence. At most, they can help soothe mental energy. .

  Up to now, natural mermaids have almost become a legend. Just an artificial mermaid cultivated by the country has fetched a sky-high price. Everyone in the empire dreams of having a mermaid of their own.

  A few months ago, the Mermaid Research Institute located on a certain coastline actually found an extremely rare natural mermaid after hundreds of years! The adult male mermaid immediately shocked the entire empire and was sent to the Mermaid Protection Institute on the Emperor Star, where he was given the best treatment.

  The empire has also carefully considered the spouse of this natural mermaid, and finally decided to let the most outstanding people in the empire compete together. Whoever is most loved by the mermaid named "Su Su" will be the spouse of this natural mermaid. .

  This rivalry has been going on for three months, with visits once a week, and today is the last time. They will take turns to meet Su Su, and in a week, the director of the protection center will announce Su Su's preferred spouse.

  "Of course." Lan Yin glanced at the person who made the sound - Imperial Admiral Blaise.

  Blaise is thirty-five years old this year. He comes from a big family and has led the First Army for many years. His power cannot be underestimated.

  Excluding Lan Yin, the most noble crown prince in the empire, Blaise is the highest status among the others.

  He was sullen at the moment and seemed very worried about Lan Yin.

  "Why would the admiral say that?" Lan Yin tugged at the corners of his lips and said, "Is it because he doesn't believe in the fairness of the Protection Institute?"

  The Mermaid Protection Institute has a unique status. It is a place that is independent of the royal family and is watched by the people of the entire empire. , it is almost impossible to show favoritism.

  Blaise frowned and looked deeply at Lan Yin

  .

  Lan Yin looked back at him indifferently.

  Others had different expressions, and the whole conference room was tense.

  The dean of the protection center came in and asked everyone to go see Su Su in order.

  "It's good that His Highness thinks so too." Blaise stood up first and followed the dean out almost impatiently.