ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟛 : 𝕄𝕒𝕤𝕢𝕦𝕖𝕣𝕒𝕕𝕖

The following day, Tuesday, was Sebastian's birthday. He celebrated with a pool party in the backyard, inviting us and some of his close colleagues. Alexis eagerly joined in after Santiago gave her a stern lecture for skipping class the previous day. While she and the twins enjoyed the pool, I chatted with Laure and Hazel. Spencer soon joined them, diving into the water. Though I wanted to join, my inability to swim kept me on the sidelines.

Hazel and Laure also joined the fun in the pool, leaving me to stand and observe. Then, I noticed a stunning brunette making her way toward us. She looked about four years older than me and stood out even from a distance. She approached Santiago and kissed his cheek.

"Hey, babe," she greeted, wrapping her arm around Sant. "Happy birthday, Seb."

"Thanks," he replied, a bit surprised. "Didn't expect you to come—"

"Ah, sorry for the sudden appearance," she apologized with a charming smile.

"No, it's fine," Seb reassured her. "It's a pleasant surprise."

"I invited her over," Santiago explained, giving Seb a friendly nudge.

"You need extra company?" Sawyer asked with a mischievous grin.

"Maybe. You two have been drinking for a while now," Santiago chuckled, shaking his head.

"Who is she?" Saul asked, curiosity evident in his voice as he eyed the newcomer.

"My girlfriend, Auriella," Santiago introduced, his tone filled with pride.

"You? Girlfriend?" Sullivan asked with a laugh. "Since when?"

"Two years ago—"

Sawyer nearly choked on his drink. 

"TWO YEARS?! AND I ONLY FOUND OUT LAST WEEK!" he exclaimed, eyes wide.

"Same here," Sebastian added, shaking his head in disbelief. "How did you keep it a secret for so long?"

"Let the brothers have their little argument," Auriella said with a playful sigh, rolling her eyes affectionately.

She turned towards me and smiled warmly.

"You must be Sage," she said, her smile radiant and inviting.

"Yes," I replied, matching her smile. "And you must be Auriella. Santiago's mentioned you a few times, but I didn't expect to meet you today."

"I've been dying to meet you," she said, her eyes sparkling with genuine interest. "I've only ever seen your brothers around. They always talk about you."

"Not us," Sullivan interjected, ever the troublemaker. "We're not that bad."

Auriella sighed again, rolling her eyes slightly. "Don't mind them," I assured her with a laugh. "They love to tease."

"Anyway," she said, glancing back at the pool, "I'll catch up with the others. It was lovely meeting you, Sage."

"Nice meeting you too," I replied, smiling back as she walked away.

As Auriella joined the others, I couldn't help but feel a bit envious of her effortless grace and confidence. I turned my attention back to the pool where my siblings were laughing and splashing around. Despite being on the sidelines, I felt contentment surrounded by my family and new acquaintances. The sound of laughter and the sight of smiling faces made Sebastian's birthday one to remember.

(...)

It was Wednesday evening, and I eagerly went to Taylor's studio. I was drawn to the dress hanging elegantly on a mannequin when I stepped inside.