Battle of Samut Prakan

Today is just like any other day. Everyone is going about their usual business of working, studying, playing, and living their daily lives without anyone knowing that later in the day, unexpectedly, something unimaginable will happen.

Samut Prakan, Phra Chulachomklao Fort (PhraChu Fort)

           At the HTMS Mae Klong Museum, tourists were visiting the former naval fortification site and waiting to watch the naval procession light show at 2 p

           At the HTMS Mae Klong Museum, tourists were visiting the former naval fortification site and waiting to watch the naval procession light show at 2 p.m. In the meantime, some observers noticed something emerging from the sea resembling a mound. Tourists assumed it was part of the light show preparation and got excited. However, museum staff remembered it wasn't part of the show and began to feel uneasy, unsure of what was happening.

          Employee: "Um, boss, what time is the navy coming?"

         Boss: "Around 1 p.m., if I remember correctly."

         Employee: "Huh? But it's just past noon."

         Boss: "Hmm... might be they preparing earlier than usual."

         After that, a fleet of mysterious ships emerged from the pier. They were wooden galleons with large cannons mounted around the ships. Some had 10 cannons, some had 50, and some even had up to 120 cannons. In total, there were 50 ships, leaving everyone around the museum area puzzled by what was happening.

Naval Base Sattahip, about 200 kilometers from the incident site

         Naval forces detected something on radar, 50 unidentified points in the Gulf of Thailand. There was no clear information on whether they were ships or what they were. Naval command ordered HTMS Phumiphon Adulyadej and HTMS Chakri Naruebet, which happened to be en route there, to hurry and investigate immediately.

 Naval command ordered HTMS Phumiphon Adulyadej and HTMS Chakri Naruebet, which happened to be en route there, to hurry and investigate immediately

HTMS Phumiphon Adulyadej