6

Taehyung was tired of waiting. Nothing was going his way.

Jeongguk hadn't come to see him, and the day was about to end. The sun was setting, leaving a beautiful golden color shining down on him.

Taehyung sniffed as tears started to form in his eyes. He wiped them away.

He thought he could rely on jeongguk, but how could he have forgotten that jeongguk might not come back?

Tarhyung grabbed the bag next to him, looking through it. Everything was packed away with such care. Food, water, and clothes are all neatly packed into the bag.

Jeongguk had really made sure the boy was left with proper items to take care of himself with.

Maybe jeongguk knew he wasn't going to come back, and he had lied when he said he would.

Taehyung pressed his knees against his chest. He looked onto the glimmering ocean.

He really just wanted to go home.

He missed home. His parents, his brother, his friends.

He missed everyone.

...

Jeongguk panted, the quiet air filled with his desperate gasps for air as his shoes slapped against the cold, hard pavement.

His lungs filled with cold, sharp air, making his nose hurt.

He grasped his jacket as it also slipped out of his grip. The man frantically looked around him. The sandy beach was quiet and empty, not a single sound other than waves crashing against the shore filled the air.

He stepped forward onto the beach, slowly making his way to the cliffs. He had his fingers crossed taehyung was still there.

He had completely forgotten that he had two finals back to back today and accidentally told Taehyung he'd meet him in the morning when, in reality, he was testing.

He had completely forgotten in the stress of the moment to go check on the other.

It was around ten in the night when he remembered. He had sprung out of bed and packed whatever he could to give the boy to prepare for the cold night.

"How could you take a nap, " jeongguk cursed at himself under his breath.

He had been so exhausted from studying the night before that he fell asleep promptly after taking his tests.

Jeongguk sped up as much as he could. The sand had been slowing him down.

Jeongguk sucked his teeth, he removed his shoes, and kept going. He was trying his best to run, but the sand felt like it was slowing him down.

Jeongguk reached the edge of the beach towards the cliffs. He was panting as he did so.

"T-taehyung?" He gasped.

He looked around and saw nothing but the bag he had given him.

"Oh no," he gasped as he frantically looked all over the place for taehyung.

And in the distance near the water he saw taehyung.

"What in the world," jeongguk muttered under his breath as he saw Taehyung diving into the water.

"Taehyung?" He yelled as loudly as he could.

Taehyungs head snapped backward towards the sound.

Within seconds, the male was back on the sandy part of the beach.

"I thought you weren't going to come," taehyung said between his panting.

Jeongguk shook his head. "I'm so sorry, I had to take two tests back to back, and I pulled an all-nighter and got like no sleep."