ᥫ᭡.| Silent Treatment

Song: In The Stars

By: Benson Boone

Dedicated to: My sisters and brother.

If there's one thing I miss is being able to escape to the Vinson house

There are moments like this where I miss it a lot.

Mom came back home suddenly last night, going on and on about how she caught her trucker boyfriend at some strip club.

Now, she's using that as an excuse to drink.

"You know, boys, someday you'll understand me." She waves her drink at us before continuing, "Well, Arius understands. Getting your heartbroken by someone you thought was the one, messes with your head."

I licked my lips and tried not to get upset with her.

She's seriously going to compare my breakup with Aylee to a two-week relationship she had with a deadbeat asshole?

"Mom." Colten warns and she glances over at him, "What? My little boy and I are both going through heartbreaks. This is something to bond over since you both hardly ever talk to me anymore."

The words slip from my lips before I can stop my impulsive thoughts.

"Maybe we would talk to you if you'd just stop fucking drinking for one second." I snapped and watched as both Colten and her widened their eyes.

But it doesn't stop.

I snapped.

"You're so fucking caught up in your loser boyfriends and having a drink in your hand that you don't sit to think about the two sons you've forgotten about. So fucking excuse me if I don't feel the need to talk to you because when I have tried before, you'd rather drown in your fucking drink than give me a simple response."