||Chapter 10|| {Refined}

3rd person pov:

The next day, Team 7 gathered at their usual spot, Training Ground 7. "Today, we'll train for a while and then focus on D-rank missions for the next month," Kakashi announced, causing the girls' faces to drop with disappointment. Sasuke looked equally displeased, though Naruto's expression remained unchanged.

"Before you complain, it's a law—every new team must complete D-rank missions for a month before moving on to higher-ranked ones," Kakashi added. With that, the training began.

Little did they know, the Naruto with them wasn't the real Naruto—it was a blood clone. Early that morning, Naruto had created a blood clone and left for Delsgade. The clone would stay with the team for the month, while the original focused on training.

Naruto’s goal during this month was to push himself to his limits. He knew he wasn’t strong enough yet. Before taking on his full Shinobi duties, he needed to become as powerful as possible. That’s why he had left for Delsgade, leaving the clone behind.

Almost a month later:

Two figures stood on an empty battlefield, surrounded by nothing but nature. The air was still, a sign of the faraway dimension they occupied.

"Naruto, you've been training for almost a month. Today, we are in a distant dimension for your final test!" Shadow, the Grand Marshall of Delsgade, announced.

"Final test, huh?" Naruto replied, his eyes narrowing.

"Yes. Defeat me with everything you’ve got!" Shadow declared as he launched himself towards Naruto.

Naruto swiftly blocked the attack, but as he countered with a kick, Shadow caught his leg. Both quickly separated, locking eyes as they assessed each other.

"Swords?" Naruto asked.

Shadow nodded, drawing his demonic blade. Without hesitation, Naruto pulled out Evansmana.

"You’re using that? The Divine Sword: Evansmana, huh? Let’s see who comes out on top," Shadow said, a spark of excitement in his voice.

Their swords clashed, sending shockwaves through the surroundings, damaging the landscape with the sheer force of their strikes. Both were applying immense pressure, neither giving ground.

"I won’t use my eyes' full power," Naruto stated calmly.

With a smile, Shadow replied, "The moment you use your eyes' true power, I’m done for."

Naruto chuckled darkly. "Nice. Seems like we have an audience," he remarked, noticing figures in the distance.

"Yes, the entire Delsgade is watching our fight right now," Shadow confirmed.

Naruto grinned wickedly, his excitement growing. "Ohoho, nice!" He leapt back, preparing for the next round.

"Divine Sword: Evansmana—Scatter!" Naruto commanded, and his sword shattered into ten floating pieces while the handle remained in his hand.

"Haha, you can use that, huh?" Shadow laughed, observing the ten blade fragments.

Naruto's ten small, equal blades surged towards Shadow. He leaped to dodge them, but the blades pursued him through the sky.

"Fighting ten blades at once is tough, you know," Shadow said, glancing at Naruto, who maintained a poker face.

"Damn it," Shadow muttered, struggling to evade the blades. They moved with incredible speed, capable of both attacking and defending autonomously. Naruto didn’t need to control them directly, but if he did, their speed would double.