New Day

"How was detention with..." Riley began to ask then quietly muttered "Y' know..." as if his name was a bad word.

"Lucas?" Maya laughed and raised an eyebrow.

"That's the one." Farkle glared.

"Honestly guys, he's not that bad." She shook her head, lightly chuckling.

Riley gasped, and put a hand over her mouth. "You like him?"

"What?" She scrunched her eyebrows.

"You like him!" She repeated, this time hitting her hand against her locker.

"No... I don't." Maya grunted.

Farkle rubbed his head, and raised his voice. "Oh no, we've already lost her. We had a good day with you, Maya."

"Farkle..." She sighed, trying to stop his rambling.

"He's got you under his spell. Snap out of it!" He took her shoulders and began shaking her.

"Farkle!" She laughed, before grabbing his hands and pinning him against the lockers, and spoke slowly. "I do not like Lucas. I just have to learn to deal with him seeing as I'm gonna be spending time with him in detention. I'm just saying, he's not as bad as he used to be."

After Riley managed to get her to let go of Farkle, she asked, "Oh yeah, about that. You never really explained how you knew Lucas."

Maya sighed, before she began to explain. "Okay, in my home town, we lived... close to each other. For the first couple of years we were best friends... and yeah..." She dismissed her last sentence then continued, "then he grew up and became an asshole. I was so glad when he moved away."

"Oh, I'm sorry, Maya." Farkle sighed.

"No, no, no, no..." Riley smirked and raised her voice. "You were gonna say something else."

"No I wasn't." Her eyes grew wider.

"Yes you were! Did you used to date?" She giggled, nudging Maya

Farkle joined in and teased "Were Lucas and Maya boyfriend and girlfriend?"

"I was like six that doesn't count." Maya glared at the both of them.

They held their hands up in defense and took their books out of their lockers.

This was Maya's turn to get the upper hand. "So... How about you guys? You seem pretty close-"

To their luck, the bell rang, signalling the start of their first lesson.

"That's the bell!" Riley laughed, before she gave Maya daggering eyes.

"Gotta go!" Farkle looked like a deer caught in headlights.

They both whizzed off, red in the face, leaving Maya smirking to herself.

---

"Wake up, Princess."

"Huh?" Maya muttered and rubbed the back of her head, yawning.

"You're not in your castle now, you're in detention."

"Oh..." She sat up and wiped the drool that ran down her chin. "Right."

Maya had forgotten that she was at school. In fact, school was over. She was at detention.

"You fell asleep in nearly every class. Didn't you sleep last night?" Lucas asked.

"Slept like a princess." She smirked.

He laughed and rolled his eyes. "I don't know about you, but on the ranch, when we say 'sleep' we actually sleep."