4. Dragon King!

Important Terms, People & Places So Far

Youtuber who plays 24/7 music to get me into the mindset - Filip Lackovic, you can also find him on Spotify and his song Dragon Queen literally screams Instrumental for Rose in later chapters I can see it now!

World Name (Not yet Stated) - Aeriolon (Air-Lon)

Artorian - Being from another world with 0 Mana ability

Fawn - The Capitol of the Myrth Forest Kingdom

Main Characters -

Rose

Drakon

Minor Characters with Important Roles -

Draco, Brenna & Ryo

Lyari, Iohara 'Hara' and Sillaesa Helejor

Caiden Mainard

Ryfon & Fawna Magsatra

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moments before, the male traveling with his children was nearing the exit to the forest. He stopped walking when he heard something. The smell of a mortal girl and an orc came from the East of where they were. He narrows his eyes as something inside him tells him not to just leave.

"Father?" Draco asks curiously.

"Draco, take your brother and your sister and hide." He orders.

"Yes, Father." Draco responds and takes the hands of his little sister and brother and drags them away into the nearby bushes.

The man burst into flames as his body began to change. He took on his dragon form just as he heard a blood curdling scream followed by the sounds of small footsteps running quickly. He looks over as he stops a red haired girl break through the bushes before smacking right into his side. The force of her momentum caused her to fall over onto her back. She glances up at him before slipping away into unconsciousness.

His eyes focused on the creature pursuing her. The Orc raised his giant ax, moving to swing at him and he let out a growling roar before flames burst out from his mouth. The Orc used the ax to hold off the flames but it didn't last long. Before the Orc knew what was happening, he was engulfed in flames. He roared in pain, trying to put the flames out before crumbling to the ground and going still.

His eyes stopped glowing with anger and focused on the girl who laid beside him. He reverted to his humanoid form and lifted her into his arms to see if she was alive. His clothing returned to his body as if by magic. Warm breath came from her nose. He stares at her and his eyes focused on her. Something deep inside him told him that she was without Mana.

"A girl with no Mana." He whispers to himself.

"Father? Is it safe now?" Draco asks.

"Yes, come." He states.

"Is she alive?" Brenna asks.

"Yes." He responds.

"Father, this girl... From her scent." Draco explains.

"Yes, I know. She is an Artorian." He says.

"Artorian?" Brenna asks.

"Artorian, a creature born without any Mana ability. At least that's what people believe. They're creatures with a mana ability that is locked. And the process to unlock the mana ability is a well kept secret known only by the Dragon Born." He explains.

"How does one unlock it?" Brenna asks. He gently lifts Rose's hand in his. He runs his hand gently down her arm. As his hand runs over her skin, a dragon-like mark appears on her arm. The dragon was a tiny version of him, but while he was red, the mark was black.