i. vending machine incident

➳

❝𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘱𝘩𝘺? 𝘩𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴, 𝘳𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦.❞

. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁

"STOP, SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND IN A GANG!"

I gawked at my wounded friend, processing what nonsense he had just spewed randomly.

"Lay a hand on her and find out." The white-haired boy said weakly in exhaustion he felt from enduring the kicks and fists of the towering figure he tackled by the waist.

The bigger boy grabbed the weaker boy by the back of his uniform and tried to peel him off from his waist but to no avail, the boy stayed firm in his position. The bigger boy grew more angry, reinforcing his friends, they began to drag him harder, all hands curled into fists and pummeled toward the weaker, lonesome boy.

I felt useless, weaker than any of them but I couldn't stand the sight of my friend getting beaten into a pulp anymore. With my heart and mind racing fast, I repeated the same lie Taiga had told.

"He's right my boyfriend is in a gang!" I declared.

The boys paused in their places, all eyes were on me until they boomed into laughter.

"You sweet little liar!" He said, still holding Taiga by his uniform and my friend glaring daggers at him.

"Why don't we invite your boyfriend over for a tea party, shall we?" One of them teased with an ugly laugh.

"Oh please," I began, spreading my arm in an attempt to showcase. "He's six feet tall."

I don't know where those words came from, but I'm spewing all sorts of nonsense that landed on my tongue and I blamed my nervousness for it.

"And he probably can beat you five into a pulp before you land a single scratch on him!" I continued, hiding my scardy cat self in a facade of someone who acted confident.

All the boys burst into laughter again. I folded my arms while showcasing a poker face, protecting my act.

I opened my mouth to spew more nonsense but a familiar rich voice cut me off.

"Cool!"

I faced to see a red-haired girl standing by the terrace door, her eyes sparkling. At the sight of her, the boys dropped Taiga to the ground with a thud. I hid my judge-y facial expression because of the ridiculousness of how quickly these shallow boys shifted their manner for a girl they drooled over 24/7.

Hina approached us cheerfully, her class representative badge glinted in the sun. She stopped in front of me, looking at me right in the eyes.

"Boyfriend from a gang you say?" She asked, clasping her hands together with a giggle.