𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

✧*+:。.。.·:*¨༺♡༻¨*:·.。.。:+*✧

It was a clear, sunny day yet Han Yeoreum scowled at the sight of the sun for shining too bright. She was runnig a little late for a lecture at campus because she needed to fix her report last minute. She's currently taking her masters degree in psychology, following along her father's footsteps.

Thankfully because she jogged every morning, she isn't out of breath. Plus she didn't get lost this time as the route was fairly new to her. She clutched her bags so the documents won't fall down and fly off. She waited at a crosswalk since the lights were red.

Yeoreum was texting her classmate about her lateness when she saw something black passed her. Noticing that it was a young girl playing her phone, Yeoreum quickly acted in worry.

"Watch out!" Yeoreum pulled the girl's shirt from behind, making her stumble and her phone fell. A car immediately passed by the same spot the girl was before. Both were breathing heavily in shock.

"Student, are you okay?" Yeoreum asked in worry, kneeling down and checking the little girl for injuries. Said girl blinked in question, and looked quite disoriented.

"She's worried about me."

Yeoreum looked around in the ground and saw the kid's glasses. She took it and dusted it off.

"Here, your glasses." Yeoreum carefully put it on the girl so she could see better. "Better?"

The girl nodded, not saying anything else. She then looked around the ground for her stuff.

"Your phone?" Yeoreum called out, making the girl turn around. Yeoreum read the girl's name from the nametag, "Bok Ina..."

Ina stepped back at the mention of her name.

"I'm not a creep, you don't have to worry. Here's your phone," Yeoreum tried giving it to Ina, but it magically disappeared with a swipe of her hand. Ina's hand that reached out shook in surprise. "But, you have to promise me something."

"W-What is it?" Ina shyly asked, after gathering her courage. She really wanted her phone back.

"You can play games all you want, but at least take notice of your way, especially the traffic lights? Okay?" Yeoreum scolded nicely.

"O-Okay..."

"Promise?"

"Promise.."

Satisfied, Yeoreum gave Ina her phone back.

"Be careful, Ina-ya. If you don't pay attention to your surroundings, you will lose a sense of yourself." Yeoreum advised, and took out a rose out of thin air, as if it was magic. She gave it to Ina who accepted it confusedly, yet awed at the same time, curious how she did it.

The two part ways and yet Ina's eyes still followed her in wonder.

✧*+:。.。.·:*¨༺♡༻¨*:·.。.。:+*✧

Yeoreum met Ina two days later at the exact same spot, the crosswalk. But it was on the way home, and Ina seemed to be more aware of her surroundings.

"Ina-ya," Yeoreum greeted, making Ina turn around at the call of her name. "Have you been doing well? I see that you're not playing your game this time!"

"Ah... Yes..." Ina answered shyly.

"Are you going home?"

Ina nodded at that. Yeoreum hummed, "I'm going home too. I guess we're going in the same way."

Soon the lights turned green. Both of them crossed the street in silence. They went through the same road, the same corners, that even the two got confused why they were going the same way.