pant a little harder

Chapter 7

He stared up at her, just taking her in as his hands wrapped her hips.

Her long hair fell down her shoulders, blocking him from seeing her entire face. Her lips looking fuller, prettier in this angle.

She was right, a lot had changed.

She was just a girl back then, now turned into a woman. Her body held more curve, and it fit his hands perfectly.

He liked the feeling of his hands on her bare skin, and the look in her eyes- well, if was mysterious to him. He wasn't sure what she was thinking, but he kind of liked not being able to read her this one time.

As his hands went up her back, then down to her waist, it was like he was memorizing this new.. her. Like he wanted to learn a little bit more.. than what she showed.

He noticed how she had no bra on as well, which made this ten times more risky.

His mind was going where it shouldn't, as his hands traced her skin, almost teasingly- not going far up enough, nor low enough.

Her nails dug into his shoulder, and that.. kind of gave him an idea of what she was thinking.

He brought his hands forward, touching her abdomen, and his hands went up.. up.. up..

"That's.." Laura murmured, before licking her lips "That should be.. fine."

She sounded a bit breathless, and suddenly.. he wanted to hear her pant a little harder.

He dropped his hands between them, and his eyes and lips said two different stories - polite smile, yet his eyes... dark, wanting.

She choose to look away as she got off of him, and back on the couch again.

The atmosphere in the room had shifted almost drastically, as they sat there. The tension rose so thick, it could cut.

Laura cleared her throat, standing up "They might be um.. texting me in a bit to get in hair and make up, so I should probably head out."

Obviously, her look took a lot more effort than his, so she'd be the first to head there.

He nodded, and as she stood there, she was practically hoping for any of his.. witty self to show up, make her laugh, so they could go on to forget what just happened.

Instead, he remained serious "Did that help, Laur?"

She had the urge to pinch herself, as his eyes pierced through hers.

"Yes." she nodded "Very much."

"Then you can go." he smirked.

She narrowed her eyes at him, giving him a knowing smile, before opening the door behind her.. and just, disappearing behind it.

He remained silent after she was gone, almost in disbelief as to what had just happened, or why he had an erection, when all he did was touch her skin.

This.. just wasn't good. He knew damn well his body would betray him in the sex scenes. He could play off everything else.. just not that.

Or could he? Because in his mind this should've went much smoother, a lot easier.. maybe even awkward at first, but after that, normal.

He had a feeling none of that was happening, and he wasn't sure why he was getting these urges for a woman that he'd known his entire life.. his best friend.

It was confusing, especially considering he hadn't seen her in that way in such a long time, because of their distance.

Whatever that was, he needed to somehow put it behind him, and get into a working mindset.