Chapter 6 : First date

At around 3 p.m., I finally wrapped up my paperwork and submitted it with a sigh of relief. The weight of deadlines lifted off my shoulders as I gathered my things and headed out of the office. The familiar rush of the city streets greeted me as I made my way home, my mind already drifting to the prospect of a well-deserved nap.

Entering my apartment, I kicked off my shoes and let out a contented sigh. The soft hum of the air conditioner and the gentle sunlight filtering through the curtains welcomed her home. With a tired but satisfied smile, I shuffled over to my cozy bed, the promise of sleep beckoning me like a siren's call.

As I slipped beneath the covers, the plush pillows cradled her head, and the cool sheets enveloped my body in a comforting embrace. Closing my eyes, I let out a long exhale, feeling the tension of the day slowly melting away.

As she drifted into a peaceful slumber, the soft sound of her phone ringing pulled her back to consciousness. With a groggy murmur, she reached out to silence the persistent ringing, her mind still foggy with sleep.

"Ding ding ding..."

Slowly, Mira's eyes fluttered open, her gaze landing on the glowing screen of her phone. With a puzzled frown, she picked up the call, her voice thick with drowsiness. "Hello?" she murmured, still half-asleep.

"Hello Mira?" came William's voice from the other end of the line. "Where are you?"

Blinking away the remnants of sleep, I glanced at the time on my phone. It was already 6 pm.

"Uh, wait," I replied, my voice still tinged with sleepiness. "I overslept again. Sorry. Can you pick me up at the restaurant we met?"

There was a moment of silence on the other end of the line, and then William's voice came through, warm and understanding. "Of course, no problem. I'll be there in a bit. Okay"

I let out a sigh of relief, grateful for William's understanding. "Thank you, Will. I'll see you soon," I said before ending the call.

With a yawn, I stretched my limbs and slowly got out of bed, my mind still fuzzy from sleep. I quickly freshened up and changed into a clean outfit before making her way to the living room and left to go to the restaurant where they met.

As the clock struck 6:30 PM, I parked my car outside the waiting room where me and Mira had first met.

I glanced at my watch impatiently, eager to see her again. Moments later, I spotted Mira stepping out of the building, her face illuminated by a radiant smile.

As Mira stepped out of the waiting room, her gaze fell upon William, who stood by his car with a warm smile on his face. Her heart skipped a beat at the sight of him, a rush of excitement coursing through her body.

My smile widened as I approached her, a bouquet of beautiful red roses cradled in my arms. "Hey there, sleepyhead," I greeted, with a voice gentle and teasing

Mira's eyes widened in surprise at the sight of the flowers, a soft gasp escaping her lips. "Oh, Will, they're beautiful," she exclaimed, her heart swelling with gratitude.

With a grin, I held out the bouquet to her, the vibrant colors of the roses contrasting against the muted tones of the evening sky. "These are for you," I said, my voice filled with affection. "A little something to brighten your day."

Touched by his gesture, Mira reached out to accept the flowers, her fingers brushing against the velvety petals. "Thank you, Will," she murmured, her voice filled with emotion. "They're perfect."

As I handed the bouquet of roses to Mira, I gestured towards my car with a charming smile. "Shall we?" I offered, with my voice warm and inviting.

Mira returned his smile, her heart fluttering with excitement. "Yes, let's go," she replied eagerly, her hand reaching out to take his as they walked towards the car.