✿ 34 ✿

This is it. This is the moment Jisung has been tirelessly working towards academically.

Graduation day.

Truth be told, he never envisioned himself surviving beyond the age of thirteen. Back then, he really believed his life would come to an end, and he desperately wanted it to. However, reflecting on it now, he is grateful that it didn't.

Yes he has many, many issues, but it's the fact that he's still thriving and surrounded by two of the best people on earth.

Because if not for them, there wouldn't be a;

"Up next, we have Han Jisung! He's the second in line right after the valedictorian. This remarkable young man has always been an inspiration, constantly vying for the top spot alongside the valedictorian."

Jisung stepped onto the stage with a radiant smile, feeling a bit bashful as Chan and Minho cheered enthusiastically.

The principal continued on with his speech as jisung neared closer to the podium.

"I am honored to present the mathematics and English awards to this outstanding young man with the utmost respect and dignity. Ladies and gentlemen, Han Jisung!"

Jisung accepted both awards, one after the other and bowed to some of his teachers, while others received handshakes and hugs.

He also gave a little thank you/coming of age speech before descending the podium and sitting beside Minho.

Minho bent down to whisper in his ear, "I'm incredibly proud of you," prompting Jisung to turn his head and flash a smile in Minho's direction.

The world around them seemed to disappear, leaving only the two of them in their own little universe. It was a common occurrence for them to be lost in their own bubble, oblivious to the outside world. However, their blissful isolation was abruptly shattered when Minho's name echoed through the air.

Jisung couldn't help but feel an overwhelming sense of pride for the person Minho had become and the incredible individual he is destined to be.

His voice was heard over everyone else's, cheering Minho on until his throat felt parched.

~

As the graduation ceremony came to an end, Jisung was overwhelmed with a mix of emotions. The thought of "what if they hadn't found me that day" lingered in his mind, but he made a deliberate effort to redirect his attention to the present moment.

The now where he watched Minho playfully chasing chan around the field like a child, trying to stop his best friend from taking endless pictures.

Jisung watched with a light heart and a smile adorning his face.

'so this is what true happiness feels like...'

~

Chan insisted on taking more pictures though. Minho and jisung got some shots of themselves together, and chan happily joined in at their request.

Minho leaned in closer to Chan who was reviewing each pic, his eyes filled with curiosity. "Are you crying, Chan?" he asked, unable to hide his amusement. As soon as he noticed the tears streaming down Chan's face, Minho burst into laughter, clapping his hands with delight.

Chan rolled his eyes and shoved Minho away. "Shut up, it's just the dust."

Jisung gently rested his hand on Chan's shoulder, "We're out in the field, surrounded by grass, and there's no breeze. No dust in sight..."
Chan swatted his hand away playfully, causing Jisung and Minho to burst into laughter.