S2E52

EJAY VAN RUSSELL-That Type of Guy

Paris was coming home tomorrow and he was so excited. All he could think about was her. They chatted every day on the phone, FaceTime, texted, and any other way they could communicate with each other. Because she was so popular and everyone followed her on social media, she had a private account for him.

Everyone at school knew he was dating her so they constantly asked him questions about her. It was annoying, but he could not imagine the harassment Paris amassed. It had to be tenfold worse.

"Dude, you could have played the field while your girl was away," Melvin said to him.

"Me? I'm not that type of-"

"Hey Ethan," Ashley said standing at their lunch table. Steffy was at her side.

"Hey."

"Can we have lunch with you?"

"Well actually-"

"Sure, sit!" Melvin said.

Ejay gave his friend a look and Melvin simply shrugged. Ashley sat beside him and Steffy sat next to Melvin. He suddenly lost his appetite.

"I hear your girl is singing at tomorrow's pep rally and the game."

"Yeah, sure."

"Must be nice to be her and travel the world, not so good for you all alone here." Ashley reached over to eat one of his fries, even though she had the same food in front of her.

"We make it work."

"He talks to her nonstop," Melvin said.

Ashley gave Melvin a dismissive look and he shyly looked down at his food.

"Not better than being right here, right next to you, like this." Ashley moved even closer to him. "You should think about your options."

"My options?"

"Other girls. Maybe we're not all superstars, but you should see what else is out there. Right Steffy?"

"Totally."

"We're too young to settle down with one person. Options, explore them." She abruptly stood and grabbed her tray. "Steffy, let's go."

And like that, Steffy followed her away like a little puppy.

CHRISSY VAN RUSSELL

Xavier's tour was over in a few days. She could not wait. He would be back in town and they could hang out like boyfriend and girlfriend. Everything would be right in the world.

"Hey, you."

Chrissy looked up from the spot she sat on the floor by her locker. She was avoiding all people,  checking TikTok and Instagram for what Xavier was up to. He barely used his social media accounts, he had people for that now, but she still liked to follow him.

"Hey, Knox."

Knox Brame was a senior like her and she knew him all her life. They were friends, but she did but feel like hanging out with anyone.

"Why aren't you hanging with your cousin being the life of the party?" Knox sat down on the floor beside her.

"Not my thing."

"So hiding out?"

"Pretty much."

Knox laughed, but it wasn't that funny. She vaguely remembered the crush she had on him in junior high and finally, telling him. He told her they should stay friends, so here they were.