'Could this day get any worse ?'

"Urgh I groan as I pick up my phone from my nightstand and shut off the ungodly sound of my alarm. Great, it's morning again and a Wednesday. The weekend can't come soon enough.

I look at the time on my phone and shoot out of my bed. Yikes. It's already 7:15. I am definitely gonna be late.

"Hey mom, how's it going ? I ask my lovely mother as I come barreling down the stairs.

"Nothing , honey. Just making you breakfast, but from the looks of you, definitely won't be eating it." She glares at me as she flips my eggs on the pan.

"Sorry, mom. I swear, I didn't do it on purpose. Just couldn't sleep last night." I tell her around a mouthful of toast and omelette. I keep shoving everything in my mouth whatever she puts on my plate without even looking twice at it and burning my tongue during the process.

"Why couldn't you sleep ?" She asks as she takes my empty plate to the sink and dumps it on the huge pile of dishes waiting to be cleaned.

"No reason. Just like that. Thinking about things." I mumble while avoiding eye contact with her.

"Uh-Hmm…" She nods her head while narrowing her eyes at me.
"Well whatever it is, go hurry now or you will be late for school." she pushes me out of the kitchen, towards the door and kisses me as she opens it while handling me the keys to her car.

"Wait, you are not going to the office today, why ?" I ask her.
"Yeah, no. I had a day off. Closed a big case yesterday, so they gave me  a celebratory leave."
"Oh that's amazing. When I come home can we binge watch netflix and eat pizza ?" I ask her while giving her my best puppy dog eyes.
"Yes, yes. We can. Now go away." She snaps her fingers and closes the door on my face.
"Bye, Mommm." I shout and turn around while speed walking to my car.

Yes. I am definitely late today.

I slam my locker closed as I run at full speed towards my class in the empty hallways.

Damn it. I am too late. Like very very late. This is going to be a disaster.

As I reach my Econ class I open the door and silence befalls the class.

Just what I wanted. This is going to be fun.

Oh ho! Lots of fun.

"Miss Adams. Nice of you to finally join us. I am sure you must have an amazing excuse as to why you are 20 minutes late to class." Mr. Brings words drip from sarcasm.

Great. Couldn't it be someone else's class? Like English or Arts.

No it had to be someone who would absolutely give me detention. Even if I had a good reason.

No wonder everyone hates him.

"No, sir. I don't have one." I mumble while looking at my feet.

"Good. Here." He hands me a slip and glares at me until I move to get to my seat.

Great detention slip.

"Make sure to be there on time, Miss Adams. Because next time you will get a slip for the principal's office directly." He says menacingly, lowering his voice.

God. Does he think this makes him look intimidating or something.

I cannot deal with this bozo right now. So I just nod my head so that he can start with the lecture and people would stop looking at me.

"So as I was saying before I was interrupted, the demand for a product…"

As I tune him out I keep looking at the slip in my hand. Another detention this year. Man, this year is really starting to bite my ass.