Epilogue

*2 YEARS LATER*

I woke up early in the morning and got out of my bed, feeling energized and tired at the same time. I looked around the room and sighed. I've been in this room since my childhood and right now, I'm 19. I made my bed and walked out of the room.

I graduated like a year ago so no more high school which pained me a little. I mean sure, I still have all my high school friends with me and we hang out like almost every day but I still miss the loads of homework and yelling of the teachers. And maybe I missed seeing those stupid expensive makeup girls that always thought that life was about them. It was fun in high school.

I moved in with Shawn and Ethan a week after my birthday and ever since then, I've never had peace. They were always by my side. It's either they're hugging me, giving me small kisses or just clinging onto me for no reason. I understood that they missed me and all since I had been living with Jake for a while but it's becoming too much.

Also, today is the day Shawn is leaving the house to go start his life and I'd be lying if I say I wouldn't miss him. That guy was literally the only brother figure I had before Ethan came into my life. I'll miss all those times when we'd fight, those times when we'd watch a movie on the couch, those times when he'd tease me, those little hugs and kisses he gave me. I'd miss them all.

So I made my way downstairs to find that Shawn had already packed and his suitcases were in the living room. He sat on the couch, watching TV and without wasting a moment, I jumped in his lap and hugged him really tight. He was shocked but hugged me back.

"I'm...going...t-to...miss you," I choked as tears began streaming down my face and onto Shawn's T-shirt. I heard him sniffle as well and soon, I felt wetness on my own clothes.

"Elle," he croaked as he began hiccupping. I sniffled and hugged him tighter, not wanting to let him go. He did the same.

"I'm really gonna miss you, Shawn. Please don't leave," I pleaded.

He pulled back and wiped my tears with his thumb. Even though he was sad, he smiled at me.

"I'll miss you too, little one. But I have to go start a new chapter. I must get a better job and maybe continue with studies. I don't know but I'll make sure to visit, okay?"

I nodded at his words and pulled him back into a hug, my arms tightening around his neck.

"Umm, Elle, you're choking me."

"Sorry," I mumbled into his neck. He chuckled.

"I don't want to let you go."

"Do you think I want to? You made me feel as if I had a little sister for the longest time and I've loved you as one since the first day. How could I possibly want to let you go?"

"Do you still think of me as your little sister?" I asked after I pulled away. He ruffled my hair and nodded.