Numb yet....warm?...

(timeskip years later, he's 18)

Atem was sitting on his enormous throne as he was staring straight forward, not making eye contact with anyone. A bunch of nobles were bowing along with saluting to him, which over time he had become good at ignoring them. He was no longer a little kid, he was now grown at 18 years old but he wasn't the happiest Pharaoh either, due to his caretakers/mothers passing. He finally sat on his proper throne, even if it was cold, lonely, and sad. Hours later, he ordered a servant, when the servant came she looked a lot like his caretaker. When he saw the servant, his eyes never left hers obviously noticing the resemblance.

Atem: your new here aren't you?...

Servant: yes I am.

Atem: ....what's your name?...

Servant (hesitates before speaking): my name is y/n...

'could it be?..no but-' he thought to himself, his eyes going wide, his heart skipping multiple beats as he stares... The resemblance was a coincidence, uncanny... He desperately wants it to be her but he puts his hopes down, convincing himself it wasn't her.

Atem: you look and have the same name a— never mind....

Servant: I know who your referring to....

Atem: "I know that you know but, she's gone... Killed in front of me... But even though you look and have the same name as her, your not her..."

Or so that what he thought... Thinking that this was just nothing more than a coincidence...

Servant (secretly y/n): "what if I told you...it is me. The one who took care of you as a child, when you were 10.... Your father passed, had no idea who was your biological mother but I came in and offered to be your caretaker.... Was there for you when you had nightmares?.... You'd even let me rule for a day because you'd wanted to be a child back then.... Until someone had killed me...."

Atem: blinks quietly, being completely speechless but then speaks only one word, sounding like a small child again: "...mom?..."

Y/n: "Yes it's me, my dear..." She spoke softly with her arms open for a hug.

Without saying a single word, he immediately dashed into her arms and hugged her tight with tears flowing like a stream down his face.

Atem: "Please...don't leave me again...I don't think I could handle it another time..."

Y/n:with tears in her eyes: "I promise you I will never leave you again...."

Atem smiled, burying his face in her chest, hugging her as if his life depended on it. He was crying uncontrollably, seeming so much more vulnerable than before. His mask of nobility and arrogance are gone now.....for now at least.

"I missed you so much..."

Y/n: "I missed you too, my pharaoh.."