Seven

Calvin Harris & Rag'n'Bone Man- Lovers In A Past Life

Cody asked me to put him back on the healing table so that he could continue the dream pack I got for him. I told him that I would allow it this one time, but that it wouldn't be healthy to do that often. Dream packs can be addicting. Learned that the hard way. He's asleep now. Actually sleeping. His vitals are all over the place. 

The AI is calculating the level of trauma therapy he should be exposed to because of what happened to him. Seeing it all in graphs really puts things into perspective. I would hate to be a parent and for all the things that make me terrible be put into an average daily. Thanks for reminding me I'm a shitty person. I wonder if the Guild Masters making second gens like Andras and IO feel bad for putting their kids through the shit they do. I never want to see the day when my mind will change.

IO and Angel left just before I put Cody down. Angel loved him showing her what they call human stuff. I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight. I did that. I set Freddie on Max knowing that the two of them just want an excuse to try and kill one another and I just provided the perfect one. 

"You should try to sleep," Andras says sitting next to me. He's eating again. "You can take my room so you're closer to Cody. I'll sleep in the guestroom," 

"Thanks, Andras. I'm-"  I sit back trying to shake the guilt I feel. "I'm not sure I'm going to be able to sleep," 

"Why? You look exhausted. It's been a long day for you," 

"My brothers are going to kill each other over this kid," I sigh. "I've spent years trying to stay neutral so that there was always something between them, keeping them from tearing each other apart. I made a choice  and I'm never going to be able to take it back," 

"Yeah, but he didn't choose you either," he whispers. He reaches out and pats my head. "Is this right? Are you being comforted?" 

"Yes," I wipe my tears away. "It's been a very long time since I've cried. Thank you for being my friend," 

"You too," he nods. "Well, since you're not going to sleep immediately. Tell me more about human customs," he holds up a book from my library. "I stole this," he admits sheepishly. "I'm sorry," 

"When did you take this?" I laugh taking it from him. 

"The night we met. It was in your car," 

"Right, I forgot I left it in there," 

"It's very interesting. Do all females require multiple partners at once?" 

"What?" I turn it over and laugh. It's the final book in the Hallows of Hellbourne Series. "No, this is vintage fantasy romance. It's funny," 

"It is. My favorite character is Lucien," he nods. 

"I have the entire series. Even the spin-offs. If we make it out of this alive. You can borrow those too. I found them in one of the old mansions. I think one boyfriend is more than enough. I can't imagine choosing to deal with multiple boyfriends and my brothers willingly,"  

"A boyfriend is a friend that is a boy?" 

"No, a boyfriend is like this," I hold the book up. "A partner, a best friend, and a lover. It's two people-" I take a deep breath and shrug. "I don't know. It's two people choosing to be together because they love one another," 

"What is love?" 

"Love is different things. There are many forms of it. Often the form of love that keeps two people together is loyalty. You find this person who makes you feel like they deserve more. You don't want anything bad to happen to this person and it hurts when bad things do happen to them. You want to be their friend. You want them to be as happy as you are about them being around,"