Chapter 4; the Confession

Aria's POV:

That night, after we got back home, the house was buzzing with the kind of happy exhaustion that follows a perfect day. Everyone said their goodnights and headed to their respective rooms. As usual, Jaden and I slipped into my room, a routine that had become second nature over the years. But tonight, there was something new, unspoken but tangible, hanging in the air between us.

I changed into my pajamas in the bathroom, my mind replaying every moment of the day. The way Jaden had looked at me, the promise we made under the stars—it all felt so significant, so charged with possibilities. When I returned, Jaden was already in bed, scrolling through his phone. He looked up as I entered, giving me that familiar, reassuring smile.

"Hey," he said softly, setting his phone aside. "You ready for bed?"

I nodded, slipping under the covers beside him. "Yeah, but I don't think I can sleep."

Jaden turned on his side to face me, his expression serious yet gentle. "Me neither. Too much on my mind."

For a moment, neither of us said anything, the silence filled with the weight of unspoken words. Finally, Jaden took a deep breath and met my eyes.

"Aria, there's something I need to say. Something I've been wanting to say for a long time, but I didn't know how."

My heart pounded in my chest, and I held my breath, waiting.

Jaden reached out and took my hand, his touch sending a familiar, comforting warmth through me. "Today, when we made that promise... it made me realize how important you are to me. How you've always been important to me. And I can't leave without telling you how I really feel."

I felt a lump in my throat, but I managed to nod, encouraging him to continue.

"Aria, I think... no, I know that I love you. Not just as my best friend, but as something more. I've been in love with you for a while now, and I was too scared to admit it because I didn't want to risk losing you."

My breath hitched, and tears welled up in my eyes, but they were tears of relief, of joy. "Jaden... I love you too. I've been so scared to admit it because I didn't want to lose what we have. But today, I realized that what we have is too strong to break."

A look of pure relief and happiness spread across Jaden's face. He cupped my cheek with his hand, his thumb gently wiping away a tear that had escaped. "You have no idea how happy that makes me."

And then, he leaned in, and our lips met in a kiss that felt like coming home. It was gentle at first, a tentative exploration of something new yet deeply familiar. But soon, it deepened, fueled by all the emotions we had been holding back.

When we finally pulled apart, both of us breathless and smiling, I felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders. "So what happens now?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

Jaden smiled, his eyes full of love and determination. "Now, we make the most of every moment we have left before I leave. And when I'm in LA, we make sure to stay connected. We visit, call, text—everything we promised. And we see where this new chapter takes us."

I nodded, feeling a sense of peace and excitement for the first time since he told me about LA. "I like that plan."

Jaden kissed my forehead, then pulled me into his arms. "Me too, Sunshine. Me too."

We settled down under the covers, our bodies close and our hearts even closer. As I rested my head on his chest, listening to the steady beat of his heart, I finally felt ready to face whatever came next. Our love was stronger than the distance, and with that knowledge, I drifted off to sleep, dreaming of the future we would build together, no matter where life took us.

-

Hi guys what do y'all think of this chapter, you think they'll stay in contact