The Party

I wake up feeling sore. My neck hurts and my ears are hurt when I touch them. Then I realise I fell asleep with my AirPods in. I groan as I check the time. 14:30. I slept 15hrs. Great, now half of my Saturday is wasted. I go on my phone and check my notifications. I see 20 unread messages from Nova. I open them and I gasp. I gasp so loud that I have to put my hand on my mouth. "Hey bbg, so I know how yesterday, that mf made you feel and that's hwy I think you should come to the party, IT WILL BE GOOD FOR YOU" Basically there are 15 messages about why I should come to the party and then the rest 5 are: "Hope you don't mind but I asked your mom why you aren't picking up and I know ur asleep so I will be at your house around 14:45 to get your ass out of the bed and we go to mine to get ready for the party. I don't wanna hear a no." Oh no. No. No. No. No. I rush out of my bed and straight run to the kitchen. "Hey honey" Her eyes look me up and down as she says "is that how you're going to greet Nova? Get dressed please" "Mom, why did you tell Nova she can come?? I just wanna be alone that's what I told you!!" She sighs as she puts down her cup of coffee. "Nova told me all about what happened honey" I choke on my own saliva and yell ""She did what?!?" She laughs as she says ""Honey, just because you got a bad grade from math test doesn't mean you can't go out and have fun! Come on, Nova told me you guys are having a sleepover I bet that will make you feel better?" I sigh in relief. "Yea, ye, I guess you're right" She smiles and nods and I rush to my room and pick my clothes for the party. Moments later I hear a doorbell ring. I rush to get it and its Nova with her daily Starbucks order. "Thought you could use some?" She hands me a cold Iced caramel latte. My fav.

"So, I am thinking we go and get our nails done and then at 6 we go get our hair done and then we go to mine to get dressed and at 9 we go to the party? Good?" I nod. I am really not in the mood for anything, especially not for a party. "Come on, come one, just think of all the amazing vodka and tequila you will drink and who knows you might meet someone" She says opening my wardrobe. I sit on my bed, slurping my coffee as I watch her flip through hangers. "You think it's smart for me to go?" I ask. "Of course, Evie, worst thing you can do now is cry more about that douchebag. You need to forget and go make out with someone hotter-" She stops and turns around. Her face is lit up and her cheeky smile is telling me she has a plan. I groan as she pulls my arm and gets me to stand up. She holds me for my shoulders and says "You will make out with someone hot, infront of Leon!" I groan even louder this time. ""What no I can't do that, he won't even care bro.." She lets go off me and goes back to my closet, humming a song. I sit back down on my bed and continue watching her take out the dresses and throw them on the floor. I give a slight shrug and a slight nod if I don't like them and if I do like them. So far Ive only been shrugging...

Finally, Ive packed my dress that I will be wearing and my makeup bag. I say bye to my mom and we leave. We take the bus to our fav nail salon place. We sit there for an 1 hour and half. I think I fell asleep at some point. Nova decides to get hot pink almond French nails and I play it safe and go with black tips. Nova gives me a look when I say the word ''black'. "What?" I say defendetly. ""I know you're sad and depressed but Its June!! Summer?? Why black?" I roll my eyes and we both chuckle. The lady informant of me gives me a death stare. Geez, this girl has a problem. After getting our nails done, we get hungry and decide to get some sushi. "You know, thanks Nova, this was very much needed. Im so glad you got me out of my bed" I laugh as I hug her. ""Ahaha okay okay, don't get all cuddly with me, we still have to get you to the party" I groan. "Don't think you're getting away with it Evie!" We then both laugh. After sushi we have our hair appointment. Wow, Nova really organised everything. She decides to get more layers and I just ask for a blowout. It's 8pm and I am already tired. "Hey, I'm kinda tired wanna go grab a coffee?" I ask. "Sure!" We go to Starbucks and get our coffees. When we arrive to Nova's house, it's empty. She's so lucky she can have the house to herself every Saturday. Her little bro and her parents aways take him on trips and since Nova is old enough to stay home alone she takes that chance every time she gets it. We start getting ready. She plays the Weeknd on her Alexa and I take her floor mirror as she takes the vanity. Ive always been the girl that does her makeup on the floor infant of a huge mirror. While, nova is the vanity girl. She likes having her mirror lights and her makeup mirror infant of her at all times. I stare into the mirror. I look at myself and I don't know where to start from. Suddenly I forget how to do my makeup. ""Who is even organising this party?" I ask to get my mind off of myself. "Well, I think its some dudes from year 11." Im glad she said year 11 and not year 10. "I hate to ask you this, but do you think I should really go? I mean it gonna be everyone from school and they don't exactly love me at the moment." She sits down next to me clipping my hair and getting her BB cream out. I let her do it. I think it's better she does my makeup than me in this state rn. "Look, I know you're scared, but trust me when you come there I bet no one will even remember what happened yesterday. I mean it's not like you did something extremely bad" "except I yelled at Leon infront of half the school" I interrupt her. ""Evie, you would be surprised at how many people get into drama at Schoo everyday. Everyday someone thinks their life is over, but it's not. And you can't let that define you for the rest of your school year. You need to come there and show them that you are the baddest bitch with the biggest heart K?" She says kissing my forehead and we both laugh. Her speech always puts me in a better mood. I wish I was as good as her in giving advice and helping out. I just suck. I turn around to the mirror and start doing my first attempt at a winged eyeliner.