CHAPTER TWO:AN OLD STALKER AND A NEW BEGINNING

No chocolate for you, it's bad for your tooth. So I'm not allowing it and that's final. I cried and kicked. She looked back at me at the wrong time and all I saw later was strong light and the sound of  a car horning .

I woke up breathless in the middle of the night.  This wasn't the first nightmare and it surely won't be the last but the pain always felt the same

Pain and guilt.

When I told my dad about the nightmares, he said it was a way the universe opt to make me pay for my sins. The nightmares blessed me with insomnia and there was nothing I could do about it.

The cold breeze hugging my body made me realise my window was opened, immediately making me aware of my surroundings.  Nothing was missing.

But someone has been here.

I took a sharp breath before walking over to the window to close it. But then I saw him and almost passed out.

He followed me here, he fucking did.

3 years ago.

I followed Sofia to the club since our parents weren't home. If they found out they'd kill us but that didn't seem to stop.  Apparently it was illegal for a fifteen year old girl to be at the club but with the help of makeup and a fake ID everything was possible.  Sof didn't have a problem since she was nineteen.
Unlike me who had no social like whatsoever, my sister did and the only reason she was here was because of her boyfriend Anthony.  I personally didn't like him but nothing could be done.
After a few drinks, we were already enjoying our temporary freedom on the dance floor. The place was crowed and just like that I couldn't find my sister.  I didn't panic because I knew I'd find her .
But then some fucker decided to smash my ass. I left out a sharp breath and turn slapping him hard on both cheeck.
The lights weren't bright so I couldn't see his face well but I didn't need to.

" you are barking at the wrong tree,mate. I'm not that type of girl".

Everybody was shocked like I had just touched something untouchable but the only untouchable thing here was me and not some crazy flirt.
He stood there still,like he couldn't believe I had just slapped him.
"Your looks can even pull a lady out of this room so watch it" I snarled

He grabbed my hand hard and pulled my hair back making me yap in pain.
He spoke in a low authoritative voice that scared me but I wasn't going to give him that pleasure.
"I don't know who the fuck you are or why you think I'd touch such filth. But let me tell you one thing, no one and absolutely no one not even God himself could lay a finger on me if he wanted.  But you... are going to pay for the insult and slap with everything " He yanked me  away making me trip and almost falling. I shot him a cold glare but I knew I was scared more than anything.

I quickly called Sof and we left, l didn't tell her anything but she suspected.
I never went clubbing again no matter what Sof said.
Since that day I feel like was being watched, like my every step was being calculated even when I sat in my room and studied I still felt watched,  a trip to the bookstore was monitored.

I knew it was him then and I knew it was him now.

I quickly locked the windows and climbed to bed trying to shake that fear from me.

On a crisp Saturday morning, I  suggested a shopping trip to take Sofia's mind off the impending wedding. Sofia agreed, and we set out into the vibrant streets of Moscow, surrounded by the grandeur of the Kremlin and the bustling energy of the city.

As we wandered through the shopping districts, I  noticed Sofia's eyes light up at the sight of a beautiful painting in an art gallery. Sofia had always been passionate about art, but our father saw it as a frivolous pursuit. I  encouraged Sofia to go inside, and we  spent hours admiring the artwork and talking about Sofia's dreams.
Which we knew couldn't come

I  didn't feel the suffocating presence of my crasy stalker. I  had never told anyone about the constant fear I  lived with,that maybe one day someone will just pull a gun at my head and shot me. I told no one not  even Sofia, because i knew if my father didn't want anything to do with my problems  nobody in the family would care too since everyone followed him. But today, with Sofia by my side, i felt a sense of freedom and joy i thought was lost forever.

After a wonderful day of shopping and exploring, Sofia turned to me  with tears in her eyes. "Thank you, Ava. Today was the happiest day I've had in months. You've given me hope."

I hugged my  sister tightly. "We'll get through this together, Sofia. I promise."

On Monday, i dropped off my admission letter at the university, excited to start my new journey. Very soon i could live my mom's dreams that i scattered. I walked through the hallway , I  noticed a girl had dropped her books and was struggling to get them together so I helped.

She looked up startled for a second.  Clearly she wasn't expecting help from anyone. I passed the books carefully into her arms with a smile and I noticed her beautiful piercing green eyes and other features that couldn't go unnoticed like her ginger hair which was a lighter version of my ginger hair.

"Hi, I'm Ava. I'm new here" I didn't know why i introduced myself but i guess i did
"I'm Nadia. Welcome to Moscow State University!. I'm also new" she let out a shy laugh.
"Juding by our similar hair colour. I guess it's fate we met" she stated. 

She had the type of energy that would make you talk to her even when you didn't feel like it.

We found a bench under a tree and decided to sit down for a while

I  sat down beside Nadia, and we  began to chat. We talked about everything and nothing,  nothing in terms of family and i felt an instant connection. Nadia was warm, intelligent, and had a wicked sense of humor that made me laugh.
Like how she noticed a guy had two different socks on even when they were both black.
She saw the world differently from me. I saw it in black and white she saw it filled with colours and butterflies

As  we parted ways, Nadia turned to me and said, "Hey, if you ever need anything or just want to grab coffee, I'm here for you. We're in this together, okay? As soul friends generally like soul mates you get it right?"

I simply nodded with a smile.

I  smiled, feeling a sense of gratitude and belonging. I  knew that I  had found a true friend in Nadia,I didn't trust her since trust wasn't part of my dictionary but she was real and that was enough she was interesting and i knew that this new chapter of my  life was going to be filled with hope, love, and adventure.

Hope you are enjoying it. Lemme know you thoughts.