chapter 23

this is kinda a filler chapter in terms of the relationship between lucy, rome and ken because it just focuses on the aftermath of kendall's decision at the end of season two, but lucy and roman are gonna have sex for the first time next chapter so get excited lol 

Lucy remained tight lipped as she followed Kendall out of the room. Her mind was racing, but now wasn't the time for questions. Not in front of reporters.

"We can wait out here for a minute. Hopefully the chaos will calm down," Karolina said, guiding everyone into a separate room.

Kendall immediately excused himself to the bathroom without a word, one foot just guiding him in front of the other, his lip twitching nervously. Lucy's phone rang in her purse. She sighed and grabbed it, answering the incoming call.

"Yes Rome?"

"Uh...what the fuck?," he asked frantically. "Did you know?"

"Of course I didn't know. I mean...we had a whole script for him and he just...went rogue."

"Well you need to get out of there, like...now."

"Yeah I...I don't think I can do," Lucy said, surveying the room and realizing Kendall still hadn't reemerged from the bathroom. "I mean, I'm still his assistant."

"Uh no, you work for the company," Roman corrected her. "And he just like...fucking blew up the whole company so I'm assuming he doesn't work here anymore."

Lucy sighed and rubbed her temples. "Rome, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing right now. Karolina and Greg are here too. We'll figure it out. What's y'all's plan?"

On any other occasion, Roman would mock Lucy for saying y'all, but now wasn't the time. "I don't fucking know...Dad's talking about fleeing the country."

"What the fuck? Okay just...keep me updated."

"You too, and fucking...punch Kendall for me."

"Yeah I'm not going to do that but I'll text you what our next moves are. Bye honey."

Lucy hung up and buried her head in her hands.

"Do you um...do you think Kendall's okay in there?," Greg asked her.

"Hm?," Lucy replied, picking her head back up. "Yeah he's...I'm sure he's fine. He probably just needed to take a shit and a line. Kendall get out here!," she called out.

"Should I like...do you think I should go check on him?," Greg asked nervously.

"If you want to walk in on him wiping his ass or cleaning up his bloody nose, please, be my guest," Lucy said, dismissing him with a wave of her hand.

Greg stood up and walked over to the bathroom door. "Hey Ken...are you okay?"

He didn't respond. He laid there in the cold bathtub, hugging his knees as close to his body as possible. It almost felt like being held. Almost, but not quite, not enough. He stared up at the ceiling, the AC streaming down on him. 

Greg cleared his throat nervously. "Hey Ken, if you're okay, will you just say 'okay' so that I know you're okay? Because otherwise I...I'll have to break the door down and I don't want...I don't know if I'll be able to."

Still nothing. There was so much to do, so many decisions to make. Kendall had just shattered his entire reality. He wished time would just stop, just for a moment.

"Lucy," Greg whined. "Come talk to him."

"Nope. No way. He'll come out when he's ready."

Greg opened his mouth to respond, but was interrupted by the door swinging open.