CHAPTER FOUR

When I wake up, Ye-Jun still has his arm over my chest, where it rested after stroking my lips last night. My face grows warm and I sit up quickly. His arm falls to my waist and I look down at it. His veins are a little noticeable. His hands look so strong. . . And then a cold sweat breaks out in my scalp.

His hands almost look too strong. Are they strong enough to rip my clothes off? To hit me and fracture my wrist? Strong enough to pull me down to the ground with one swipe? Or by pulling my ear?

I purse my lips, tears forming in my eyes. I don't realize he wakes up until both his arms snake around my waist. I touch his forearms.

"Jun-ah," I breathe, my throat aching.

"응?" he whispers back, resting his head on the back of my neck.

I take a shaky breath, hoping no tears fall, but some do. "Let me go."

"A-ni," he replies.

"Now," I say sternly.

He turns me towards him and puts me down on my back. He gets on top of me. My breath leaves my lungs and I feel my body heat up. I feel my hands begin to numb and shake. His right hand goes down my left cheek, my neck, chest, stomach and back up to my lips.

I open my mouth to say something, but instead the heat overruns me and I begin to gasp for breath. My head begins to hurt and I feel suddenly fatigued.

"Ye-Jun," I rasp loudly.

His face drops and he holds the back of my head and blows on my forehead. The cool air doesn't immediately calm or cool me down but it helps. I let out a wail and wrap my arms around him. He helps me sit up and he strokes my hair. I clench his shirt and cry into his shoulder.

"Bi-an," he whispers softly.

I bit my lip to slow my wails and quick breathing, but it only makes me want to cry harder.

"Myeon-Jin?" he asks, "Do you want to eat something?"

I shake my head, burying it in his neck. He pets my head and sways.

"Sorry," he apologizes again, taking a slow breath.

I sniff and pull away from his neck, but I don't make eye contact. My arms are still wrapped around his neck, but for some reason I don't move them. I'm not willing to do that for some reason. He takes my chin in his palm and searches my eyes.

"Are you alright?" he whispers, getting dangerously close to my face.

I swallow a lump and my body finally obeys me, taking his hand away. He tries not to show any hurt, but his face pales and he purses his lips. Now I know it's my turn to apologize.

"I'm sorry," I say in reply.

He smiles and takes the back of my head. He connects our foreheads together, and I feel my face brighten and warm up. I look down and then that's when I realize I'm on his lap, and his left hand is around my waist. I close my eyes and purse my lips.

"Myeon-Jin," Ye-Jun says, touching my ears. "Look at me. Please." His voice sounds desperate, but why? I'm just. . . shaken a little.

I open my eyes and look up at him. Ye-Jun's eyes gleam from under his long and thick lashes. His dark brown eyes make me want to drown. They look so precious. I just want them on me forever.

Wait- what the-?!

"Do you. . . need something?" I mutter instead.

He tilts his head. "Your attention," he responds, brushing some of my hair. He swallows then looks at me with a hidden desire in those eyes of his.

Immediately I get scared and want to escape back to University. "Hm?"

"Would you like, perhaps," Ye-Jun starts, "to spend some time actually getting to know me?"

I let my eyes get big and scurry off his lap and stand up on shaky knees. "You make no sense!" I accuse him. "I don't understand how you could pluck a guy from a back alley and think to yourself: Yeah, I think this will be the one to torture all while not knowing a single detail about him. You know how stupid you're making yourself look?" I run my hand through my hair and place my other hand on my hip. "Geez, what would my friends say about this?" My eyes pop out of my skull. "Oh- God!" I look at Ye-Jun who tenses. "Where's my phone, you bonehead?" I cry.

Ye-Jun doesn't look at me as he gets off the bed and walks to my tote bag on the dresser. He opens it and pulls out the metal rectangle. He turns and walks back over to me and hands it to me, the case filled with K-Pop elements. A bit embarrassed, I take it back and open it, turning away from him.

I get to my Messages and there are way too many to count that I've missed. I open them, and so many are from Sam-Yong. Cringing, I read a few of his troubling questions.

                                                                                         삼요~~~

멍청한 바보!!!!!!!!

어디야????????

야!!!!!!!!!!!!!

야! 면 진!!!!!!!!! 야!!!!

박 면 진. 재미없어요... 미친년

어디야.

어디야.

우리가 얼마나 걱정하고 있는지 아세요? 어디 계세요? 재미없어 박면진!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                                                                                                                   삼요,정말 미안해요, 지금

I pause. Thinking what the heck could I tell my best friend? I stare at the text as Ye-Jun makes his way in front of me. My lips go dry and my throat feels like sandpaper. I stare at the unsent message.

"Myeon-Jin?" Ye-Jun says.

"Mm?" I reply, still debating on what to send Sam-Yo. When he doesn't reply, I look up at him and realize how close he is standing. A small gasp escapes me.

When he smiles and leans in I step back a few paces until my calves touch the bed. I have nowhere to go because he advances towards me. My phone is dark by now, the unsent message wondering if it'll ever become a real text.

Ye-Jun grabs my waist and pulls me in.

"Ye-Jun!" I gasp.

"Wae-geu-rae?" He perks an eyebrow and searches my face, his eyes running over my lips. I look away and press against his chest, suddenly feeling a rude stare.

**--> Baek-Hyo held my waist, his hands clutching my clothes and skin, causing bruises to form. His breath was hot against my neck and face, his eyes sharp and brooding.

"Baek-Hyo," I begged underneath my breath. "Let me go." This would be the night I lose it and break up with him after our seven months being together.

I feel something warm on my cheek, and an arm wraps around my shoulders and head. I open my eyes to being in a hug from Ye-Jun. I'm suddenly aware of my arms: wrapping tightly around his waist.

"Why does this occur, Jin-ah?" he asks quietly.

I shove him away and step back, subconsciously hugging myself. "None of your business," I tell him sternly.

"Well," he starts. "Certainly it is because I have no idea how long you'll be here with me, so I should know of your troubles and that way I am able to care for you the way that you need." He ends by taking a breath and giving me a charming smile.

"I don't want to be here with you of all people with no confirmed amount of time, Jeong." My voice is hard and sharp, and I can see his intrigue behind his raised eyebrows.

"Well," he says, clasping his hands together. "Suck it up, little thing."