2 - media day

Carson

(irl)

Hadley and I were sitting on the bleachers of the gym, watching as the girl's took their pictures for media day.

"He's so hot." Hadley said, showing me a picture of one of the men's basketball players, Andrew Hurley.

Then she moved the phone, revealing him standing on the court in front of us, lining up to get his picture taken.

"He said he's 6 foot 4 and I'm like dude nice try." Hadley said.

"He looks like he's 5'11. That's shorter than like... oh, like Paige. She's 6 foot." I said as I eyed Paige as she fooled around with her teammate, Azzi.

"So what you're telling me is that he's a liar? That's a red flag." Hadley replied.

"Yeah that's a pretty bad red flag." I laughed.

"But I am my father's daughter, so maybe I could fix him." Hadley mumbled.

"Bro, shut up." I said, pushing Hadley's shoulder.

"Look, Paige is making a TikTok." Hadley said,
pointing at Paige who was standing on the corner of the court.

"No I can't watch. I'm getting second hand embarrassment." I said, slapping my hand over my eyes.

"But you know she'll still look good when she posts it." Hadley laughed.

"No, for real." I said.

My dad approached us. "You guys bored?" He asked.

"Yup." Hadley yawned.

"How about you go down there and get your pictures taken." My dad laughed.

"Okay! I will." I said, standing up from my seat.

"Um, no you will not." Hadley said, pulling my arm and bringing me back down.

"Yes we will." I said, getting back up and pulling Hadley with me, all the way to the picture area.

"Hi, we're the new recruits. Can we get our picture taken now?" I said to the photographer.

He turned to me and laughed, obviously knowing who I was. He shrugged, "Sure." He said.

I stood in front of the camera, pulling Hadley into frame with me. We threw up peace signs and posed like complete idiots.

"Those are going in the hall of fame." I heard a familiar voice say. I turned my head to see Paige watching us.

"Yep, right next to yours." I smiled.

Paige gave me a smile.

"Alright alright." She laughed.

Hadley and I walked over to the photographer, looking at the pictures we had just took on his laptop screen. Paige also was looking, standing behind us.

"I like that one." Paige said, pointing to a picture of me giving the camera a side eye.

"I think that's the one when I saw you watching." I joked.

"Wow, thanks." Paige said.

I've known Paige for a while now, we instantly became friends since I found her hilarious, so we always joked around with each other. She always invited me and Hadley to go with her whenever she'd go out somewhere.

"So, what you two up to tonight?" Paige asked as all three of us walked away from the photographer.

"Probably watching Dance Moms and eating Cheez-Itz." I said.

"Wanna watch Dance Moms and eat Cheez-Itz with me and KK?" Paige asked.

"We're not hanging out with you guys." Hadley said.

"Why?" Paige asked, throwing her hands up. "Come on." She said.

"Because we like to be alone." Hadley said.

"You're boring." Paige sighed. "You're missing out."

"Missing out on what? Watching you guys make TikToks?" I asked.

"Oh, shut up. The offer is still there, show up if you want." Paige said, before walking off towards the locker room with the rest of the team.

"So, we going?" Hadley asked.

"Yes we are." I laughed.

Just as we tried to make our way out of the gym, we were stopped by Andrew.

"Hey girls." He smiled.

"Hey." We both said.

"So, Hadley. You busy tonight?" Andrew asked.

I eyed Hadley, giving her a small smirk.

"Uh, not really." She said.

"So wanna hang?" He asked.

"Sure. I'll text you." Hadley said.

"Great. See you later." He smiled, walking back towards his friends.

"I didn't know what to say." Hadley said, turning her head to me in a panic.

"It's fine. I'll hang with Paige and KK." I said.

"Are you sure? I can always cancel on him."

"Don't be stupid. Paige and KK can literally keep me entertained for hours. I'm good."

"Perfect." Hadley smiled.

author's note
used liv lyrics for this
i'm so jealous of the ppl meeting paige on a cruise