Chapter 8. Realization

Once again, Red came to work later than all his colleagues. While his body was doing the usual things: changing clothes, installing colored contact lenses, changing his hair; his soul was not in place, because it was still not clear with Lion - whether he recognized him, or not, or everything that happened - it was just a coincidence. The guy pondered about it all the way to the Club and while he was getting himself into the required "marketable" look.

He finally came to the following conclusion while looking into the brown eyes of his reflection:

"Most likely it's my fear painting wrong pictures, and from P'Jake's side everything is ordinary... Asked to play - because he haven't played in a long time, and I'm the best on the team and the captain... Walked into the locker room without knocking, shook his hand and took a towel - also nothing wrong... he's the coach. Everything is explainable and simple... I'm making a lot of excuses for myself! Time to stop it!"

Red stepped out of the tub with an already calm mind and, after glancing around at everyone present, headed for the kitchen part of the room.

"Not having time to eat again! Where did your punctuality go? Or have you had more situations in your life outside of this hot spot that require your attention?" - Green though he spoke jokingly as usual, Red heard only concern and worry on his part. He knew now that Green was more than just a coworker.

"I can survive on one meal of rice once a day. No problem," Red replied in almost a whisper, winked and smiled at the handsome man in the green robe.

He was in a fighting mood now, and even a little bit cheerful. He pushed away all the heavy thoughts, the birds didn't bother him this time, but somewhere deep in his soul, four black birds sat quietly for a while, but they were under control for the moment.

Red sat down in the chair next to Green and drank water, his gaze wandering around the room and looking at his coworkers. Violet sat cross-legged on the couch across from Orange and applied makeup to his face, professionally running a brush over his cheekbones. Blue was in the chair leafing through a magazine. There were two people missing from the room: Yelow was still apparently sick, no one had seen him since Sunday, but Indigo was supposed to be here...

"Green, do you happen to know where the new guy is?" - Red inquired.

"Oh, don't spook the happiness! That ratty little rat has gotten everybody in just twenty-four hours. Everywhere I turn, there he is - walking and sniffing around. His stream of questions is endless! He's already avoiding me, but the guys haven't sent him yet and he keeps pestering them. Tell me, what does he care what Norman's assistant likes? Or whether Ms. Makoto is making the rounds of his florist? This all seems strange to me, but I'm in an observational stance for now. Let him swim this river in search of the crocodile, only I fear his actions will come out sideways," Green's words made Red think.

"Flowers, I wish you fun, debaucherous encounters and generous clients today! To the places, everyone!" - Norman burst into the room. The boys did not react to his inappropriate wish, only Green, sending his boss an air kiss, said: "Thanks, Daddy!"

Everyone present stood up, walked out into the hallway, and began to disperse to their rooms. Norman stopped the guy in red who was trailing this colorful procession by grabbing his arm loosely:

"You're in the know now, I take it? Be careful! We can't be exposed."