Chapter 30. Jake. I will fix everything!

Tuesday. September 1. 6:35

The sleeping kitten lay in Jake's arms on the bed of the hotel room, the name of which, to his dismay, he couldn't remember.

The boy's young face was so beautiful and delicate, every detail of which the man couldn't look away. His fan-shaped, dark, fluffy eyelashes fluttered slightly, his velvety, slightly reddened and puffy lips smiled, his neat, antique nose sniffed softly, and his cheeks were slightly flushed from the recent stormy first sex.

Jake hadn't gotten this emotional anywhere, ever. He couldn't help wondering how this young man was two such different selves: one soft, modest, and docile, begging to be teased, and the other strong, bold, and unwavering, daring to fight.

The man touched the sleeping man's forehead with his palm, made sure that the temperature was normal, and with the thought, "I love you," he closed his eyes, falling into a DREAM almost instantly.

Jake found himself on Samui's familiar Maenam Beach. It was where he and Chom used to spend their weekends.

The sun wasn't baking much and was approaching the horizon, drawing the attention of the man who had suddenly appeared here.

"I thought this might be a good place for our last conversation, sweetheart," Jake heard a soft voice behind him that made his heart ache and his body stiffen, unable to turn and look at the person speaking.

"Turn around, don't be afraid, I'm not a ghost, ha ha. I just thought I'd drop by for a visit while you're sleeping," the guy with Chom's voice continued talking, and the man, not realizing what was happening to him now, continued to stand as if dug into that warm white sand. Jake remembered everything perfectly, including the death of his partner and the divine night with Hope, so his brain couldn't believe what was happening.

"Boo!!!" - Chom popped up right in front of him. Yes, it was definitely him! Even his clothes were exactly the same as the last time they had been in this place: a beige short-sleeve cotton shirt, denim short shorts, blue sneakers over white golf shoes, and a black collar necklace with a four-pointed star pendant.

"Is this really a dream? It's so weird... All the memories are there, it's like I just teleported, it's so real," Jake didn't know how to react to the appearance of his former lover, so he started talking to himself, leaning into the sand, balling it up in his fist and pouring it through the narrow slit between his pinky and palm. He was afraid to look up.

"You've never been a coward! What happened? Look at me," the man he'd lived the better half of his life with chuckled

"I'm not scared, it's just..." - Jake slowly raised his head and looked up at a face that hadn't changed one bit since the last time he'd seen him.

"Have a seat. Everything that's mine is yours!" - Chom chuckled again, pushing Jake onto the sand, and sitting down beside him, he continued:

"We don't have much time, dear. You've never waited, have you? Conversation is inevitable, so let's get started! I see your heart is healed. I'm very glad. It was painful to watch you fall into the abyss of misery and alcohol."