Overheated

Request from anonymous on Tumblr! Thank you for your request!                                                          Request: "PER YOUR REQUEST NOT SMUTTY ssuuupperrrr fluff babe. Read and matt were cuddling one night and the reader gets hot so they turn over, but when matt wakes up and notices the reader moved on the other side of the bed he tries to hug them again but the reader pushes him off and complains that they're "just hot" and then in the morning Matt's all sad and grumpy and won't talk to the reader so when they ask him about it he gets sad and thinks he did something wrong. But the reader confirms they were just really overheated and showers matt in love and cuddles. Sorry if it's explained weird 😭"

You and your boyfriend Matt were laying in bed and cuddling together, finally falling asleep. But, of course, your peaceful sleep was interrupted by being overheated. You push the thick comforter off your body and wiggle out of Matt's grip, finally finding some comfort. 

A few minutes later, Matt wakes up, noticing you're not cuddling him anymore. He moves closer to you and tries to hug you so that you two are close again, but you just shrug him off and move away again.

"Babe? What's wrong?" He asks quietly, his voice still raspy from sleep.

"Too hot." You reply sleepily.

Matt's face turns from worry to upset, and he turns away from you and attempts to get comfortable and fall asleep again. 

*time skip*

The next morning, you wake up and get out of bed to see that Matt is no longer beside you. You walk around the house looking for him until you finally find him in the kitchen, sitting at the table and sipping on a glass of orange juice, looking somewhat upset.

"Good morning!" You say to him quietly but cheerfully.

"Morning." He replies grumpily.

"Hey, what's wrong with you today? Why are you so grumpy?" I say as I sit down and reach for his hand, but he pulls away.

"Matt? Did I do something?"

He stays silent for a moment, thinking of what to say.

"Why didn't you want to cuddle me last night?" He asks sadly

"Oh, Matt! I was overheated, I'm sorry." I apologize and get up to give him a hug. "I just got too hot, I'm sorry if it seemed different."

"Oh... I guess I should've known." He says with a light chuckle.

"It's fine, there's no way you could've known without me directly telling you. I love you, I'm sorry if that came off the wrong way."

"I love you too. I think I should be the sorry one for assuming you didn't want to cuddle."

"No, don't be." I reply with a smile, and we enjoy the rest of our day together.

Thank you for reading this! <3

(453 words)

22 min writing time

Love, A