Rom-Comedy of Bluffs

After an intense India tour of South Africa in 2015, it was time for the players to catch their breath, step off the pitch, and into the ordinary rhythms of life. And for Rohit, that meant stepping into a different kind of spotlight — the glow of an upcoming wedding. Rohit had long been destined to tie the knot with his beloved girlfriend Ritika, his partner through the ups and downs of life off the field. With wedding bells on the horizon, there were arrangements to be made, traditions to uphold, and, of course, the age-old ritual of wedding shopping.

It was a task that Rohit, having little interest in the complex details of fabric and design, found himself dreading. And given the choice he would have gladly delayed it for some more time, had it not been for the insistence of Virat, "Ro, it'll be fun!"

Reluctantly, Rohit agreed, knowing that resistance was futile against Virat's persuasive powers. Rohit found himself being dragged along by Virat to the car and as they parked their car in the parking of the mall, Rohit couldn't help but feel a sense of overwhelmed by the thought of shopping. Virat, however, seemed excited, "Come on, Ro, let's find you the perfect outfit!" he exclaimed, Virat exclaimed, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

Rohit rolled his eyes, and quipped, "You seem as excited as if it's your own wedding."

Virat's chuckles echoed through the space,"Come on Ro, this is your wedding we're talking about! You've got to find the perfect outfit to sweep Ritika off her feet."

Rohit felt his cheeks warm with a soft blush, a silent acknowledgment of the deep affection he harbored for his soon-to-be bride. Despite his best efforts to maintain a facade of nonchalance, he couldn't hide the fondness that crept into his voice whenever Ritika's name was mentioned.

"Yeah, yeah," Rohit muttered in response, his tone tinged with a mixture of bashfulness and genuine warmth.

Virat caught the subtle change in Rohit's demeanor and grinned knowingly, nudging him playfully as they entered a shop.

"I see that smile, Ro. You're absolutely smitten, aren't you?" he teased, earning a sheepish yet affectionate chuckle from Rohit in response.

Rohit maintained a facade of composure despite the teasing, his words laced with a hint of playful threat, "If you are gonna tease me then I might as well just leave you here to handle the wedding planning on your own. Lord knows you have enough energy for both of us. But then again, I wouldn't want you to mess up my big day with your over-the-top ideas." His lips curled into a mischievous smirk, his eyes glinting with mischief as he glanced over at Virat, in return he earned a hearty laugh from Virat.

Amidst their banter, Rohit took a moment to snap a photo of yet another sherwani, promptly sending it off to his mom for her opinion. Meanwhile, Virat attempts to persuade him to accompany him to a family function, "Ro, c'mon, just tag along with me to my family function. It'll be fun. I promise."

Rohit shot Virat a glare and said, "Ohh yeah like this shopping expedition has been fun so far? I'm drowning in sherwani options, thanks to you. Nah thanks, I'll pass."

Virat let out an exaggerated sigh, employing his best puppy-dog eyes as he pleaded, "But Ro, I'll be so bored without you. And you know how lively my family events are, especially with your charm and wit."

Aware of Rohit's weakness, Virat appealed to him with sincerity. Rohit, however, remained firm, questioning, "Do you see me as some sort of entertainment machine, Vi? Last time I checked, I wasn't equipped with a built-in 'fun' button."

Virat continued to whine, "Ro, you won't go shopping all day in Delhi, just attend the function with me, I mean think of it as a chance to showcase your impeccable charm and wit to my mum. She will love you!"