Almost Kissed

But suddenly Rohit's eyes widened in shock as his lips met Virat's...

Thumb?

Okay, I know you guys are as confused as Rohit. So, let us rewind a few seconds back, to when Rohit was busy being panicked, and he didn't notice Virat slyly slipping his thumb between their lips, cleverly interrupting the almost-kiss. The angle they stood in, however, created an illusion to any distant observer—it appeared as though their lips had indeed met.

Rohit, startled by Virat's unexpected action, blinked in surprise and relief simultaneously at the quick thinking of Virat. With a mischievous glint in his eye, Virat pulled back and turned to face Nisha, who was now watching them with a mixture of skepticism and amusement. With a casual yet teasing tone, Virat addressed Nisha, his voice light and amused, "There you go, Nisha. Are you satisfied now?"

Nisha stood amidst the gathering, her expression a blend of skepticism and something more intense, her eyes narrowing as if she was weighing the authenticity of what she had just witnessed. After a few moments of tense silence, she  crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow, a hint of jealousy flashing in her eyes. "That was nothing," she said, her tone challenging. "If you're going to prove something, you need to do better than that."

Virat's response was a low chuckle, his grin widening with a hint of amusement and confidence. "Oh, really?" he retorted playfully. "What do you suggest we do to convince you?"

"If you're so confident, why don't you actually do a proper French kiss to him? Or maybe you're just all talk," she taunted, a sly smile playing on her lips.

Rohit's eyes darted between Virat and Nisha, feeling confused and nervous. Virat, however, seemed unfazed by Nisha's challenge; instead, he seemed to relish it. He glanced back at Rohit, his gaze simultaneously teasing and reassuring. "Well, Ro," he murmured, his voice softening slightly, "are you up for proving her wrong?"

Before Rohit could gather his thoughts to respond, Virat leaned in again, his intent clear. But Rohit, thinking quickly, placed a firm hand on Virat's shoulder, halting his movement toward a potentially compromising act. Rohit's voice was smooth, almost too casual given the circumstances. "Ah, but babe," he interjected, his tone playfully low, "let's keep our private moments for the bedroom, shall we? There are quite a few people around here."

Turning his attention squarely to Nisha, Rohit added with a grin, "And Ms. Whatever-Your-Name-Is, if you're that interested in watching people kiss, might I suggest a good romantic comedy? It might satisfy your curiosity. Now, if you'll excuse us, Vikas bhaiya seems to be calling us."

He flashed a forced smile at Nisha before turning towards Virat and casually placing a hand on his shoulder, "Come on, Vi," he said with a fake grin, his tone laced with amusement. "Let's not keep Vikas bhaiya waiting any longer."

Saying that he guided more like dragged Virat out of the hall, and once outside, Rohit glanced around swiftly, his mind racing for a solution. He wasted no time, heading towards the nearest room with a sense of urgency dragging Virat behind him. As soon as they were inside, Rohit closed the door behind them with a soft click and turned around.

Meanwhile, Virat blinked in surprise as Rohit dragged him into the nearest room, closing the door behind them with a soft click. Virat's mischievous grin was now replaced with confusion. "Whoa, Ro," he began, his tone a mix of curiosity and amusement, "what's the rush? I thought we were having a good fun out there."

Rohit looked at Virat with a deadpan expression and said sarcastically, "Fun? Huh, fun? Really... your idea of fun is bloody worrisome."

Virat's confusion melted into a sheepish grin as he realized Rohit's tone. "Oh come on, Ro," he chuckled, trying to lighten the mood. Rohit cut him off, his voice firm and a hint of exasperation in his eyes.