II

Harry Styles

London, UK - 21:36 - 05.27.2023

It was 21:36, the cool night air tinged with the promise of adventure as Harry stepped out of his sleek black jeep, his bodyguard Jacob trailing closely behind. Earlier that day, he had received an invitation from Niall to attend one of his friend's birthday party—a surefire guarantee of a good time, if Niall was involved.

As Harry made his way towards the entrance, the vibrant sounds of music and laughter spilling out into the night, he caught sight of Zayn stepping out of a taxi. A flicker of hesitation crossed his mind—should he wait for Zayn or continue on his own?

Ultimately, Harry's sense of camaraderie won out, spurred on by Zayn's recent show of support. He approached Zayn with a tentative smile, extending a greeting into the night.

"Hey, Zayn," Harry called out, his voice cutting through the bustling energy of the party.

Zayn turned, surprise flickering across his features before he offered a polite nod in return. "Hey, Harry," he replied, his tone neutral yet cordial.

Harry couldn't help but feel a pang of curiosity. "Didn't know you were invited by Niall," he remarked, gesturing towards the entrance of the party.

A faint smile tugged at the corners of Zayn's lips as he shook his head. "I wasn't invited by Niall," he explained. "Louis invited me."

They entered together, Harry's mind buzzed with conflicting thoughts. He remembered vividly the devastation Niall felt when Zayn left—a raw wound that took weeks to heal. But amidst the turmoil of that memory, another concern nagged at Harry's mind.

With a slight furrow of his brow, Harry turned to Zayn. "Is Louis coming too?" he inquired, his voice laced with a hint of apprehension.

Zayn glanced at Harry, his expression unreadable for a moment before he nodded. "Yeah, he's already inside," Zayn replied casually, gesturing towards the bustling party beyond.

Harry's heart sank at the confirmation. He had hoped to avoid running into Louis, especially if he was anywhere near tipsy. The last thing he needed was to stir up old conflicts amidst the backdrop of a birthday celebration.

With a resigned sigh, Harry plastered on a polite smile, steeling himself for the inevitable encounter.

As Harry scanned the room, his eyes fell upon the colorful decorations adorning the walls—brightly-hued slings swaying gently in the breeze, rainbow confetti scattered across tabletops.

Harry made his way through the bustling crowd towards the bar, a slight tension in his stride betraying his thoughts.

"Hey, Zayn," he began as he leaned casually against the counter. "Do you reckon everyone will show up tonight?"

Zayn glanced at Harry, his expression thoughtful as he swirled the drink in his glass. "Not sure, mate," he replied with a shrug. "Liam's been keeping to himself a lot lately. Haven't heard much from him."

Harry's brow furrowed slightly. "Yeah, you're right. I thought Liam went to rehab a few years back. Maybe he's just laying low."

Zayn nodded in agreement. "I thought so too. But Louis mentioned he had a bit of a setback about a year ago, right after his engagement."

The mention of Liam's engagement caught Harry off guard, and he looked at Zayn with a hint of suspicion. "What do you think about the engagement?" he asked cautiously.

Zayn met his gaze evenly. "I think it's Liam's business, not ours," he replied simply, taking a sip of his drink.

Harry nodded slowly, the weight of concern evident in his expression. "Yeah, you're right," he agreed.