THE HA'SHI || CHAPTER 7

After returning home, I had to go with my Dad to get my knee checked out at the hospital. My Dad was so used to me being clumsy that he didn't ask how this happened. He knew the ropes by now. He just shook his head and took me to the hospital. They prescribed me some over-the-counter pain medication and told me to tread carefully. Not to overexert myself and relax. As if I could relax with the thought of the four turtles.

I messaged April, notifying her about my knee and that I needed to take it easy for at least a week. She sent a comforting message back.

______________________________

Ape O'Neil 📝

23:30 pm

"Hope you are going to feel better, Alley.

Take it easy 😊 "

– April

______________________________

After I took a shower. I climbed into some fresh, clean clothes. A black pyjama bottom and a red pyjama top. I got settled into bed. I wondered what certain four turtles were up to. I then drifted into a deep sleep.

****IN THE LAIR***

"OOH, ELEVEN HOURS IN THE HA'SHI. Are you sure none of you want to tell me where you were last night?" Master Splinter said this while he walked around the four turtles. As if he were the predator and he circled his prey. Master Splinter also flicked his tail side to side. Waiting patiently till one of the four turtle brothers breaks.

Leonardo balanced himself on two cinder cement blocks, doing a perfect split. He also balanced an egg on top of his head and two eggs on chopsticks. His lips were pressed into a thin line as he concentrated on the task at hand. A bead of sweat dripped down his forehead.

Leonardo answered, "How you holding up, fellas?" He shifted his cerulean-sapphire gaze to the rest of the brothers doing their Ha'shi punishments.

Leonardo's thoughts went to a certain girl by the name of Alison. Why was he so curious about her? He was amused by her sarcasm and her being an even bigger hothead than his brother. And the fact that she didn't back down, even when she was so tiny compared to them. She was tough and strong in her way. He respected that. But he could see through her eyes her sorrow.

Raphael tried to balance himself on a bike while he also tried to knit. Master Splinter flicked his tail, causing the bike to tremble. Raphael hardened his core so that he wouldn't lose his balance and bit his lower lip. "I ain't breakin' if Donnie ain't," Raphael answered his father with a grunt. His gaze is not leaving the red scarf he is busy knitting.

Raphael started thinking about the last thing he didn't expect. The two girls. April O'Neil and Alison Kawakami.

He allowed his mind to drift to them as he replayed the encounter over and over in his head. He smirked thinking of Alley. She has so much attitude and sarcasm in that pint-sized body. Or, as she stated – concentrated awesome. It intrigued him. Why? He doesn't know. He hoped and wished to see her again.

"Experiencing intense nausea, but not breaking," Donatello gulped a lump in his throat while he tried to balance himself on a wooden platform while bouncing a ping pong ball back and forth. The wooden platform balanced on a basketball, which made it extremely unsteady.

Raphael's thoughts broke a bit while he got back to the task at hand. But he kept his concentration on the red scarf, or was it now a red blanket?

"Guys, I'm totally in the zone! There's literally nothing that could break me right now!" Mikey snickered while being upside down on a swivel chair.