THE ORANGES || CHAPTER 15

I started to wake up in Raph's arms. My body felt heavy and weak, completely like lead and I didn't even have the strength to lift my head. I slowly opened my hazel eyes and saw Raph had his one hand clenched onto the metal bar and the other arm cradled me tightly against his chest.

I missed quite a bit. I was eavesdropping in a way when the brothers were busy with their confessions. What a weird way to go I thought.

"I so did not understand the ending of Lost!" Mikey confessed and then it was quiet. After a moment, the metal grid continued to fall toward the ground.

"Raph?" Leonardo asked and I was glad I would hear his confession.

Raph closed his eyes for a moment. He then took a deep breath. Then I heard Raph's rough, grumbled voice.

"I just, uh... If this is our last moment together, I just want ya guys to know I'm sorry. I'm sorry I was so hard on ya. Every time I pushed ya, I... I threatened ya, I yelled at ya, I pushed ya beyond your limits... It was because I believe in ya! I believe in each one of ya! I believe in your spirit and your intelligence and your potential. And every time I talked about walking away, it was because I was scared! I just didn't think I was good enough to stand next to ya and call you brothers and say to ya. I love ya! I love ya guys so much!"

He then held me tighter and at that moment. He also mumbled, "Alley, I will always be here to protect ya and I would like to ask ya something..."

He then looked at me. He realized I was conscious and he couldn't finish his sentence. I felt a small grin tugging at my lips. He was such a softy.

"It's okay, Red..." I whispered to him. Raph was so caught up in his confession that he didn't realize we stopped falling and we were now safe on the ground.

Shakily we all climbed out of the metal grids and little black dots clouded my vision, but I tried to stay focused even though I felt completely nauseous and shaky. Raph kept his grip on me tightly.

"Raph?" Donnie asked as all the turtle brothers looked over at us. "We made it."

"Are you crying?" Mikey asked rather amused at the sight of his red-clad brother.

"No, ding-dong. It's just a little dusty out here," Raph answered him and looked slightly embarrassed.

"Allergies, right Red?" I chuckled softly and his hazel-emerald eyes glazed over at me in his arms. He chuckled as well with his signature smirk on his face.

The black dots got even worse and I mumbled, "Red, I don't feel so good," and I blacked out before anything else was said and done.

.

.

.

A putrid smell hit my nostrils and I knew we were back in the sewers. I felt calloused fingers holding both of my hands and another hand on my forehead.

"Come on, Alley. Time to wake up," I heard the nasal voice in my ear... Donnie.

"Agh, no. Five more minutes," I groaned and closed my eyes even tighter. I felt the calloused hands gripping tighter on both my hands.

I heard chuckles all around and two distinct voices near me. "No, Alley-cat. You must wake up." Raph. "Come on, Alley." Leonardo.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw all the turtles' faces hovering over me. We were indeed back in the sewers in the turtles' lair. The lair was still destroyed given the broken concrete slabs and debris everywhere.