THE MEETUP || CHAPTER 8

A/N:

Just to let everyone know, I am changing the timeline to the turtles, April and Alison meeting up slightly. And Alison's meet-up with the turtles is completely different. Instead of the next day they meet up, it will be a week later. Alison is as stubborn and hot-headed as it can get. You will all see what happens.

______________________________________

...A WEEK LATER...

A week later, my leg was a hell of a lot better. I was able to set up my room as a mini-art studio. I placed my easel in the center of the room and my paints and materials on my desk next to the easel. My back faced the window, as I didn't want to get distracted by the outside movements. No way in hell am I going up to the roof again.

I was still busy with the first painting. I am adding extra details to the painting as I now know what the turtles look like. I focused mostly on their eyes — the intricate patterns of the irises and the different colors over each other. I grinned to myself. My art teacher in school always told me that you are never finished with a piece of art. There is always something to add or do.

"Hey Alley," my Dad entered the room. I looked a bit awkward. My Dad and I have the same personality and mannerisms. So, we are usually awkward with each other.

"Hey Dad, wasup?" I asked my Dad. I took a break from the painting.

"Well, I must go away for work for the next month. I got some oranges on my most recent work trip. I got them as a gift. They are in the kitchen. Carly is also going to a work seminar for the next month. Behave and enjoy yourself. I will leave some money for you in the kitchen for food, etcetera," my Dad explained while he stood in the doorway.

"Sure, Dad. No prob. Thanks." I grinned. Secretly, I loved my time alone at home. Then I can watch horror movies, true crime documentaries, anime, read books and do art.

My Dad sighed. He came into my room and gave me an awkward hug, me being covered in paint and all. When I looked at my reflection, I had a couple of red and blue paint marks on my face. 'Oh, great. I am a clown. John Wayne Gacy would be so proud,' I thought sarcastically.

My Dad and Carly packed their bags and left and I could breathe a sigh of relief. I then took a quick bathroom break and cleaned up my face, removing the clown paint.

My phone started ringing. I made it back into my room and saw the caller ID. It was April.

"Hey, Ape. Wasup?" I picked up the phone and spoke to her. I could hear her sniffle in the background.

"Ape, what happened?" I asked. I was worried about her. My mind always goes to the worst-case scenario.

"Hi Alley. I was fired," she finally said. Her voice broke a bit. I was surprised; I did not expect that. But then I realized something.

"What? Ape... Please tell me you didn't tell your work about the turtles?" I asked her. My heart felt as if it had jumped into my throat.

After a moment of silence, April spoke. "Yes, I told my work about the turtles," she answered.

'I knew it. I knew she was up to something,' I thought to myself angrily. I should have taken the box with proof with me, but it wasn't mine.

"Well, thank you, Ape. We are probably going to be kebabs now on a skewer with Raphael's salad tongs or Leonardo's katanas," I said to her sarcastically.

"You're not helping at all," April answered me.

After a long breath, I took a seat on my bed and asked her, "Please tell me you didn't tell anyone else, April?" I tried using her name so that she knew I was a bit serious.