Chapter 10 - Water Fight

Caleb and I hardly spoke for the rest of the sleepover, which made it incredibly awkward as both Mira and Luke could sense the tension. We all retreated to our beds round about 4am and I quickly fell into a deep sleep.

I was awoken up by Mira tripping over me in her haste to go to the toilet, and not long afterwards Luke and Caleb crawled out of their beds, their hair sticking up all over the place. At 10am, we all trekked inside the house where Alexia was, wisking up some eggs and bacon for us.

Luke and Mira made light chit-chat over breakfast while I kept on snatching quick glances at Caleb, who seemed to be zoning out every five minutes. When I went back out to the tent to pack up my stuff, Mira tagged along and pounced on me when we were alone.

"Okay, what the hell happened between you and Caleb last night?" She hissed. "You two haven't spoken one word to each other all morning!"

"It's nothing." I muttered, shoving my onesie into my bag with more force then necessary.

"No, it's something."

"I don't want to talk about it."

Mira crossed her arms and huffed. "You're my best friend, Charlie. If something happened that upset you I want to know and help you sort it out."

I looked up and stared her in the eyes. They looked straight back at me, showing strength and determination. I sighed.

"Don't tell anyone, but remember that question you asked Caleb last night when we were playing Truth or Dare?" I started, rolling my sleeping bag up. Mira's eyes widened.

"You mean...?" She squeaked. "Caleb kissed you?!"

I nodded while Mira squealed and hugged me.

"OMG, I knew it!" She laughed. "He so likes you!"

"I don't know if he does anymore." I said, zipping my bag up.

"Don't worry about it! Boys tend to do this sort of thing, you know, keep their distance. My ex-boyfriend did it after he first admitted he liked me."

"Yeah, and he's now your EX." I exclaimed.

Mira waved her hand dismissively. "But you and Caleb are made for each other! Just wait till Lucy's party."

"What about it?" I asked, getting slightly nervous as Mira had that twinkle in her eye, which she only got when she had a plan brewing.

"You'll find out."

*_*_*

While the boys hung out downstairs with the rest of Mira's family, Mira dragged me upstairs to her room. I was amazed at how bright it was. Each wall was painted a different colour with a different design. One wall was painted orange with blue stripes, whilst another was painted purple with green polka dots. It shouldn't have gone together at all but, somehow, it did.

"Right, here it is." Mira said, diving into her wardrobe and pulling out a dress. It was a knee length, strapless purple dress with a layered effect on one side.

"It's beautiful." I said. "Really suits you!"

"I love it, though I have to say I usually go brighter than this." Mira admitted, trying it up against herself and twirling around.

"Luke's going to love it." I said, winking. She blushed slightly and stared down at the dress.

"Shut up." She said, smiling.

"Come on Mira, you might as well be blind to not notice what's going on between you two. And anyway, the party's tonight so you can show him what you've got."

"And you're going to do exactly that but with Caleb." Mira said, giving me a hug.

"Girls? Can we come in?" Luke asked from outside the door. Mira shoved her dress back inside her wardrobe while I stood next to the door.

"What's the password?" I asked.

"Lollipops." Luke answered.

"Nope."

"Badger?" Caleb asked. The memories of last night flooded back and I tried to hide the blush which fought its way onto my cheeks.

"Wrong again."

"Erm... blueberry muffins?"

"Bingo." I laughed, opening the door. The boys walked in and Luke pushed me.

"How was I supposed to guess that?" He laughed, flopping down onto the beanbag.

"It's called imagination!" I giggled.

"Of course it is. Anyway, are we all set for tonight?"

"Yes!" Mira and I yelled at the same time.

"I can't hear you!" Caleb said sarcastically, holding his hand to his ear. I nodded to Mira and we both bellowed right next to his ears.

"YES!!!"

"OW!" He moaned, clamping his hands over his ears. "Why would you do that?!"

"Why not?" I asked, punching him on the arm. Caleb rolled his eyes but suddenly grinned.

"You are so gonna pay for that." He picked me up and hoisted me over his shoulder before marching out of Mira's room. I squealed and thumped his back.

"Let me go!" I ordered. He ignored me and carried me down the stairs and into the garden. "Oi, listen to me!"

"Gladly." He said, dropping me.

Right into Mira's swimming pool.

I came up spluttering from the cold water and glared at Caleb.

"Right, it's on!" I yelled, sending a huge wave of water right into his face. He ducked and I ended up splashing Mira who'd followed us out.

"Hey!" She gasped, wringing out her hair.

"Sorry!" I apologised, before bursting out laughing as she pushed both Caleb and Luke into the pool. Luke go the upper hand though and as he fell in, he managed to grab Mira who joined us in the pool.

We ended up having a massive water fight, in which most of Mira's family joined. However, I got the biggest surprise when Caleb pulled me underwater and crushed his lips to mine. The rest of the world faded away as I floated in the water clasped in Caleb's arms.

It's all going to be okay. I thought as we came up for air. We're going to go to the party and have a awesome time.

 That was going to be the understatement of the century...