Chapter 28.

T H E   S I L E N T   W A T E R SB R O K E N   B O N D S

B R O K E N   B O N D S

Shivaay looked at the phone screen with a questioning look. Annika waited for him with an anticipated breath, she watched as he took the phone from her hands, his fingers brushing hers, causing both of them to freeze. He looked at the discretely before turning back to the screen.

He zoomed in the pictures and his expression went more quizzical as he stared at the contents written on the paper.

That's not my prescription. Shivaay thought to himself, he looked at Annika who was looking at him expectantly.

"Gauri found this in the storeroom of the Oberoi Mansion——" Annika paused to look at him, he was listening to her attentively. He nodded to indicate her to go on. And the fear that has settled at the back of her mind, grew. "——the medicine didn't settle well. I thought you should..." Annika trailed off not knowing what to say anymore.

Shivaay's lips parted. He wanted to say something, but he closed his eyes with a pained expression crossing his features, I can't talk. He sighed at himself.

He handed the phone back to her. She was looking at him curiously but she didn't say anything instead she waited. He took out his phone.

Annika frowned when her phone beeped. She looked at the text that arrived on her phone, Shivaay was staring at her phone gesturing her to do the same.

Unknown ; 2:09 pm
Thank you for bringing the matter,
to my notice. I appreciate the concern.
Can you share the pictures over here?

She arched an eyebrow at the text and held back the urge to ask the reason why he wasn't saying anything, she could see it now, as clear as a day. Her fears were now confirmed. And her heart sank as she stared at him, he was looking around the cabin pointedly ignoring her stare.

She was at a loss as to what to say and do.

She didn't want to push him because she remembered how panicked he became when she mentioned his scar. She didn't want him to pressure him to his limits.

She watched as he picked up the glass and took a few sips. A habit when he gets nervous, she had noticed it the last time she visited the cabin.

"Mr. Oberoi?" She spoke hesitantly.

Shivaay looked at her with a confounded expression. I have a name. He narrowed his eyes.

Not knowing what to do now, he simply gestured for her to take a seat. She sat opposite him, and seeing that Shivaay was getting agitated she pulled out her phone and typed something. He blinked when he looked at her confused, who was she texting when she was sitting in front of him?

"Please check your phone, Mr. Oberoi." She spoke with a small smile.

He was even more confused when he saw the text from her number over his screen. He had saved her number, for business purposes only. What else?