Chapter Two | Lured

One Year Prior

Percy felt like a fool.

He had been invited to the Winter Solstice for whatever reason, forced to sit in on the meeting and eventually the post banquet and ball, which would be fine if it wasn't so fucking boring and there wasn't an Ancient Grecian dress code this time around. Resigned, Percy had decided he would just wear a plain, floor length-chiton per Annabeth's suggestion until Aphrodite decided to take matters into her own hands, "blessing" him with an outfit of his own that he couldn't seem to remove a single aspect of.

That left him trudging around Olympus in a royal blue himation draped over his revealed and very much naked tanned chest. Jewels dripped from his neck and ears which were - all of the sudden? - pierced and a golden circlet encrusted with emeralds and pearls rested on his curls. His eyes had even been lined with kohl, serving to enhance the sea green of their beauty.
Not only was he embarrassed, but he was also beyond self-conscious with how much of his chest was scantily revealed. Not that it was exactly out of place on Olympus - the gods were quite infamous for being comfortable in the nude.

He had been greeted at the doors of the throne room, beautifully redesigned and rebuilt by Annabeth, by a boisterous, grinning Poseidon who engulfed Percy in a bear hug at first sight. Percy had just laughed, equally as happy to see his father. His heart was warmed that Poseidon had put in the effort to personally wait for him. Poseidon looked very Greek in a himation of his own, similar to Percy's, the only difference being his was a shimmering green. A silver crown rested on his head, a symbol of his Atlantan royal position as king, and he comfortably gripped his quite intimidating trident in his hands.
Poseidon had asked Percy how life in the mortal world had been and Percy had asked Poseidon how undersea politics were as the two walked into the throne room together. Each god was already seated in their thrones but other guests were still filtering in through the doors, leaving Percy slightly relieved that he wasn't late. With a clap on Percy's shoulder and a wink, Poseidon parted ways with Percy to take a seat in his own designated throne.

Percy looked around the throne room, realizing that a fair share of gods had taken notice of him. Aphrodite was clearly delighted seeing Percy in the outfit she had picked for him, Zeus was studying Percy with an expression of appraisal, undoubtedly searching for something wrong with the son of the sea god, Ares was unsurprisingly glaring, Hermes was surprisingly looking at him with a particular fondness, and, most peculiarly, Apollo was staring at him with an expression Percy couldn't quite decipher.
Uncomfortable with the intensity and heat of the sun god's gazing attention, Percy's eyes darted downwards to stare at the floor.

The meeting commenced for an amount of time that was certainly too long in which Percy, ADHD that he was, could barely stay still. Each matter of discussion was dull and drab. Domains were discussed, affirming what everyone already knew and had known for a millennia. Demeter complained about Zeus not making it rain enough. Athena, with a sickened expression, demanded Aphrodite stop meddling in mortal affairs - Aphrodite said she could make no promises. The only matter Percy took interest in was a post-Giant War discussion, but there wasn't even much to discuss as it had been a few years since the debacle even finished.

Everything carried on until finally, to Percy's relief, the meeting finished, to which Zeus invited each guest to attend the banquet and ball. The only thing Percy wanted was to leave but he was wise enough to know that he really had no choice but to attend. He had been invited personally by the gods and would probably be smote if he "rudely" left before accepting their generosity.
To no one's surprise, the banquet was boring too. While the food was delicious and his goblet was never empty, Poseidon was busy speaking to Hermes in what appeared to be an invested conversation, leaving Percy mildly (very much) alone and without company. He prodded at his meal, unhungry, until it was announced that everyone should make their way back to the throne room to revel.