Parties and shows

Siddhu was feeding Shivani the cake, when his friend, Rahul joined him.

"So, Siddhu, finally you made it in time for your daughter. Best part is that you did not have to do any arrangement in the mall like last time. Anvi's Boss itself took care of it for you."

He looked contemplative as he continued "Actually I have never heard of any Boss who arranges such a lavish birthday for his employee's kids. Either he has a huge heart or something else is..."

Anvi who came to take the kid from Siddhu, overheard this and gave him an angry look.

Anvi said "Meeru epudu inthena? <<Are you always like this?>> Always doubting people. You don't even know Gautam properly. If Gautam's kid were alive, the kid would be Shivani's age right now. I think Gautam sees his kid in her, that's why he loves her so much."

Just then Gautam walked up them, with a huge smile.

"Siddhu, what a surprise you gave us. Better than the surprise party that I had planned."

"Thanks Gautam. You did what rightfully I should have done. If I missed her birthday also, then."

Anvi grinned "If you had missed her birthday, then instead of calling you Dada, she would have called you Dodo."

Anvi continued with a cute pout "Still this is so unfair. She waited till you are back to utter her first word and that too, Dada. No matter what mothers do, fathers are always a girl's biggest hero."

Siddhu winked at her "Well, I don't want you feeling left out. I would be happy to help you have a son. maybe even 2-3 sons if you want."

Even as her cheeks turned red, Anvi retorted "Yeah yeah. That fertility clinic is still open. This time we will make you go through that diet and exercise till Good is not good enough, but the best."

Siddhu looked alarmed and put both his hands together in a big namaskar "Amma NO!!! If I have any more of that green juice or leaves, I will start looking like a Martian. I never want to see that doctor ever again."

Gautam remarked "I heard that the doctor had an accident and is in a coma. They are on verge of closing that place."

Even as Siddhu and Anvi looked sad, Rahul asked "How do you know about that doctor?"

Gautam gave him an annoyed look while Siddhu tried to change the topic.

"Gautam, can I give a free standup show in your hotel? It would be good publicity for both of us. But mainly I want to show how thankful I am that you did all this for Shivani."

Gautam shrugged nonchalantly and agreed for a show in the next week.

**************************************************************************************

The day of the show arrived and when Siddhu woke up early, he looked at Anvi and Shivani.

A sigh of happiness escaped him as he propped his hands on the pillows, admiring her. He took the hair on Anvi's face, but as he was tucking it behind her ear, the soft tendrils wrapped around his fingers felt as smooth as silk.

Anvi woke up and groggily asked "What are you up to with my hair? Are you turning a hair stylist now?"

He playfully tugged the hair "Yes now that my wife also has become a comedian, I need to find another job. Hair stylist also pays a lot from what I hear."

Anvi put her tongue out cheekily. "Your scissors need to be sharper than your blade jokes then."

Siddhu put a hand on his heart "Ouch. That was so mean. I am extremely offended now. I will have my revenge later in the day."

Anvi said "Oh, so you are going to make jokes about me in the show, that too in my hotel, in front of my boss. That will be interesting."

Siddhu gave a mischievous smile "I don't mean in the standup show. I will have my revenge in the same place where you hurt me. " He gestured towards the bed and continued "Come to think of it, why wait till evening?" Anvi throw a pillow on his face, prompting him to chase her around the room.

Just as he caught her and hugged her from behind, a call on Anvi's phone interjected their happy moment.

Gautam's voice spoke "Anvi, I hope Siddhu is ready for the show. This show is important for us. I have an important VIP from Europe who is staying at Avinya. So, our reputation is at stake."

Even as Anvi assured that the show would be perfect, she could not have been more wrong.

The show began late due to some technical issues and the mic kept breaking down, which made the audience frustrated and despite Siddhu's best efforts, he could not salvage the show. Gautam was furious as the complaints started flowing in.

He pulled Anvi into his cabin "Look Anvi, i agreed to this show only because he is your husband. If I had known how mediocre he is, I would not put my guests through this ever. Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is for me, to face that VIP guest."

On the other hand, Siddhu was frustrated as well "What kind of hotel do you have? Last time when I did the show, the arrangements were so good. This time, everything was terrible. If the audience can't even hear me, how would they enjoy the jokes?"

Anvi, being stuck between her boss and husband, tried to pacify him "Siddhu, everyone knows that it is not your issue. Sometimes equipment fails. Noone can predict it. In fact, I don't even know why you offered to do this free show. It just ended up creating more problems for Gautam than helping him."

Siddhu looked irritated as he put his hands on his hips "So, now it is my fault. You can't accept that your hotel or your boss messed up?"

"Siddhu, it is not like that."

Siddhu started prancing around, his annoyance turning into anger "Did I ask your boss to setup a party? Why did he have to come in between? I would have taken you both to a better hotel than this, to celebrate."

Now Anvi looked miffed "What do you mean better hotel? So now Avinya is a cheap hotel for you? Just because you got fame, it is not right to demean my workplace, Siddhu."

Siddhu replied "Forget it. No point talking to you. I will go to a better hotel and have dinner there. I am starving."

Anvi who was about to lose her temper, screamed "Might as well find a better wife also. I am sure you can afford that too."

Siddhu nodded "Yes I will. Wait and see."

Just as he was heading out of the hotel, a girl ran up to him. It was Anjali.

She came up to him and said "Hey, remember me from Boston? What a surprise that I was here in Hyderabad and saw your show ad. So am here, to watch your show."

Siddhu distractedly said "It is okay. I am sorry the show was so bad."

Anjali shook her head "Doesn't matter. I love to just watch you. Your dimples and smile are just so..." she trailed off as she blushed.

She suddenly kissed him on his cheek and said "Thanks for that wonderful night in your house. I had a great time in your house. We should do it again sometime."

Before he could even react, she giggled and ran away. Siddhu walked back to his car, in total confusion, without realizing that Anvi who had followed him to say sorry, had witnessed the entire scene. Having overheard the conversation, her mind was going into overdrive as she tried to process what was meant by "wonderful night in your house."