Chapter 5

Walking into my room, I took my praying mat and Abya ready to pray asr. After praying I went to my bookshelf and took the holy book (Quran) and started to read from where I stopped least time. Reading the Quran always helps me calm down and forget life for a while. The hardships and the struggles of it. The pain that comes with every moment of happiness. The smiles that later on turn into frowns. The broken promises and hidden tears.

After putting the Quran back from where I took it, I walked downstairs to see where Janna is and what she's doing.

As I reach the kitchen I see Adam and Yusuf together. Yusuf sitting down on the chair while Adam is leaning on the counter. He looks breathtaking from this angle with his arms crossed against his chest and a serious look in his face.

"You know she's can't know" stated Adam so calmly but with a pained look on his face.

"She has the right to know the truth" Yelled back Yusuf.

Deciding not to listen anymore since its haram (sinned) to listen to others private conversations, I walked into the kitchen. All of the sudden both Adam and Yusuf decided to stop talking. Adam looked one last time at Yusuf than turned to look at me. Feeling nervous under his gaze I shafted around looking for something to do. Feeling the sudden urge to drink water I opened the fridge and took a water bottle. Opening the cap I gulped it all at once afraid to turn and still see Adam gaze on me. I could feel the heated stare he's giving me probably thinking how unattractive I look drinking water unlike Asma who has to do everything so perfectly making the rest of us feel like low class.

After throwing the empty water bottle to the trash I set in the chair across Yusuf. Adam gaze following my every movement.

"How is the family Yusuf" I asked him.

"They are good, princess wants to see you"

Princess is Yusuf daughter. Her real name is Aya but she said that she wants to be called princess so now everyone calls her princess more than Aya.

"I would love to see her again, you should bring the family over" I stated with a dazed look thinking about all the fun we have every time they come over.

"Yea, Nora would love to see you" chuckled Yusuf.

Nora is the mother of Aya and a baby boy named Salim. She and Yusuf were family friends that fall in love and get married to make their love halal. I wish I fall in love like that instead of marrying someone who I don't love and is a stranger before we got married. 

After all not all things work out the way we wish for them to work but Allah has set a path for all of us and I am no one to complain but comply.