𝗩𝗜: 𝗟𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗠𝗶𝗻𝘂𝘁𝗲

Y/n's POV:

"...How would you feel about being NewJeans' personal bodyguard?"

You stood in awe, taken back by Hanni's abrupt request. It almost didn't feel real, her standing in front of you with a big cheeky grin after you had finally ruled her out of your life.

"...What?"

"W-Well, you've talked about wanting to travel to different places, experiencing new things... I-I can't promise a place like Italy or anything any time soon but..." Hanni trailed off, as her dark brown eyes gazed down at the ground.

"...There are still places I want to take you."

"O-Oh, um..." You uttered, still trying to decipher your choices.

"I-I mean us, as a group... Yeah, we all collectively decided..." Hanni corrected herself, as she adjusted her posture.

"...Can I... Think about it..?" You asked, scratching the back of your head anxiously.

You could tell that Hanni's face was mixed with anxious and slight disappointment from your response.

"Oh, uh... Well, we're leaving in the morning, so..." Hanni informed you, as your eyes widened from this information.

"What?? Why did you wait until now to tell me?!" You almost choked on your words, as you were now feeling the pressure.

Hanni let out a small anxious giggle before responding, "Sorry... It was kind of a last minute decision..."

"Y/n! Who's at the door??" Your mother spoke out from the dinning room, wondering what was taking you so long.

You and Hanni locked eyes for a moment, her nervous eyes with your e/c indecisive ones.

"...It's nothing, just a friend!"

Hanni left the conversation feeling more anxious, as she would've initially thought that you would've accepted her offer immediately.

But, unfortunately, you still had your reasons for not wanting to go.

You were helping your Mom wash the dishes, drying off each plate that she had handed to you. Your brain went into complete auto pilot mode, your e/c eyes gazing off into seemingly nothing.

Of course, your mother knew something was up.

"Y/n? Is there something wrong?"

You completely snapped out of your frozen like state, turning your head towards her and giving her a small smile.

"Oh, no. I'm okay, Mom."

Your mother sighed as she handed you a wet, clean plate.

"I'm your Mother, Y/n. I can tell there's something bothering you. Is it a girl? Do I need to beat her up for you?" Your mother teased, as you let out a nervous chuckle.

"...Do you know how that girl group that's been staying here for the past couple days?" You asked, as your mother nodded.

"Yeah, I do. Why?"