𝗫𝗜: 𝗥𝗲𝗴𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘀 & 𝗕𝗿𝗼𝗸𝗲𝗻 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀

Y/n's POV:

Your eyes stayed glued onto the screen, seeing Hanni cry after pushing her away the other night.

Min Hee-jin's glare was like none other that you've seen, you could feel her staring through your soul.

"So, what the hell did you do to cause this?" The person older woman asked, though it was more of a statement than a question, as her tone was dark and threatening.

"I-I didn't do anything. She just..." You kept stumbling over your words, you wanted to tell the truth, but you also didn't want to embarrass Hanni, or know how Min Hee-jin would react.

"You promised, that you wouldn't do anything to hurt these girls. It's barely past your first week here and you already fucked up." Min Hee-jin angrily stayed, slamming the stack of papers onto her desk.

"No, you... You got it all wrong, ma'am, I-"

"Give me your badge. You're fired."

And just like that, your dream of traveling around the world, seeing new places, cities, and different people, was shattered right there.

You could almost feel your heart sinking down to your deepest core. After everything, your parents telling you how proud they were, breaking things off with Min-si, finally leaving that small town for the first time in your life, just to come back home empty handed.

But somehow, even though you knew all of that, what hurt the most, was seeing Hanni cry.

Min Hee-jin made her way up towards you, and held her hand out, her eyes still giving you a disgusted glare.

Your eyes were fixated onto the ground, slowly removing your badge, and placing it in the palm of the older woman's hand.

Usually, you'd be the type to fight back, stand up for yourself. But it was just like what Min Hee-jin said, you hurt Hanni deeply, without even realizing it.

So you just thought you were getting what you deserved.

Hee-jin then pointed outwards towards the door, her stern brown eyes glared at you once more.

"Now get the hell out of my office, and pack your things. You're leaving first thing in the morning."

Your walk home felt like one of the most painful walks you ever took, your head was down for the majority of the time, your mind racing back to what got you here.

You watched your shadow follow you from the illuminating streetlights, your thoughts of despair flowing in one after another.

"If I had known I was going to get fired regardless... I would've kissed her with no hesitation." You thought to yourself, your hands stuffed in your pockets as you continued to drag your heavy feet across the sidewalk.

"But, of course. I just had to be her little dog, following every thing that she said, instead of what my heart was telling me."

You continued to drag your feet until you finally made it to the dorm, walking up the steps and to the front door, slowly opening it.

You stepped inside and took a look around the empty main living room, the dark room felt as empty as you did in this moment.

As you were slowly making your way towards the stairs, you were stopped by a voice coming from the kitchen.