Masaib

The teenage girl hurriedly roamed around her room. Grabbing her scrunchie she tied a high ponytail then took her watch. She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled widely.

This morning the Sun rose with a new hope in her heart. She had a warmth and little bit of hope that today will be different. Something big is gonna happen, and this time something good. With a hopeful demeanor she left her room with her black bag dangling from her shoulders.

" Good Morning." The girl smiled brightly at her mother who was in the kitchen.

" Uthh gyi tum. Bda kaam kiya jo khud hi aagyi neeche. Lo, nashta lgao jaldi se." Her mother said passing the tray to her.

" Hnn dijiye." The girl said and quickly rushed outside.

It didn't bother her that her mother didn't wished her back, it's normal. Rather she would have been surprised if she had actually wished her back.

" Zubia kya kr rhi ho. Jaldi aao." Her mother yelled from the kitchen and Zubia quickly placed the bowls on the carpet where her mother have already spread the dastar (tablecloth).

" Haan ammi bolo." Zubia rushed back in the kitchen.

" Beta thhoda tez haath paon chalane lgo. Boht sust nhi hogyi ho tum. Lo ye rakho orr bulao sabko." Her mother reprimanded her and gave her a casserole.

" Achha." Zubia went back to the living room. Keeping the casserole there she first went to her brother's room.

Knock knock

" Haan. Aao." The manly loud voice replied.

" Bhai nashta lgg gya hai. Chalo." Zubia peeked inside and said.

" Haan tum jaao. Main aa rha hun." Her brother replied while taking out his fresh clothes.

" Achha." Zubia then walked towards her parents room and carefully knocked with shaky breaths.

Knock knock

" Aajaao." Her father's extremely deep and hoarse voice replied.

" Abbu woh nashta lgg gya hai. Aa jaiye." Zubia slowly whispered.

" Achha." Her father merely nodded looking at the newspaper.

Zubia's eyes landed on the packed luggage kept in the corner. Shaking her head she immediately turned around and quickly ran back to the kitchen.

They belongs to a typical middle-class family. Living in a two storey house with their nuclear family.

Her parents, elder brother and her. One kitchen, living room and a master bedroom on ground floor, where her parents live. And two medium sized rooms on the first floor with a common bathroom. Which are occupied by her and her brother. She used to share her room with her elder sister, but after her marriage last year, the room is all hers.

One by one everyone settled on the carpet for breakfast. Her father and brother beside each other and her mother on her right.

" Orr Zubia, aaj tution mtt jaana. School se seedhi ghar aana." Her mother said.

" Achha. Lekin kyun?" Zubia asked slowly.

" Boht kaam h aaj. Raat ko mera or tumhare abbu ka ticket h Mumbai ka. Toh jaldi aana." Her mother dropped the bomb casually.

" Kya?" Zubia asked shocked. Her voice unintentionally raising a little above whisper.

" Sorry." She immediately apologised when her father looked at her.

" Ammi aap ne pehle kyun nhi btaya?" Zubia whispered again.

" Pehle kya karne btate? Jab jaana aaj h." Her mother asked frowning.