Masaib◇

It was finally the day Zubia was waiting for. The day of the competition! The day when she will take a step for herself! The day which might lead her towards her dream! The day she which will decide her future!

Zubia wake up earlier than usual. Actually she couldn't sleep last night but after lots of what ifs she drained herself mentally and dozed off. She had to be fresh and active today at any cost.

Finishing her daily chores she got ready for school as usual and went downstairs.

" Good Morning." Zubia wished like everyday and without waiting she took the plates to arrange for breakfast.

Though she never talks with her family but today she was awfully silent but unfortunately her family was too oblivious of her nature that they didn't notice.

Completing her breakfast she stood up packed her lunch, filled her water bottle and took out her shoes.

" Main jaa rhi hun, Assalam Alaikum." Greeting loudly she left.

Halting a rickshaw was a task today. No one was ready to go there. Getting frustrated she decided to walk to the school. There's no way she can skip school today.

It was quite early in the morning, and the road was unusually silent. Though there were always some vendors or paperboys at this time with whom Zubia have gotten familiar. But today there wasn't much people. Some known and some unknown faces.

Zubia is a scaredy cat yet she have to be independent. But today there was a strange feeling in her heart, a very sick feeling of something horrible. She brushed away those thoughts and recited all the Quranic verses she knew.

" Beta kahan jaa rhi ho? Main chhod dun?" Zubia jumped hearing the voice.

" Nhi- n-nhi chacha, Shukriya. Main chli jaungi." Zubia smiled at the old newspaper man she have known.

" Rickshaw nhi mila?" He asked.

" Nhi. Main chalti hun chacha. Der ho rhi h." Zubia hurriedly said and he nodded.

Zubia was hardly a meter away from the man when a bike suddenly stopped infront of her.

" Baithho hm chhod den." The guy around 19-20 years said smirking at her.

Zubia looked at him horrified. She looked around but even the old man has left. She was alone.

" Aa jao baithho." The guy said signalling towards his bike.

Zubia has seen him few times but he isn't giving her positive vibes. Moreover he is a stranger.

Ignoring him Zubia tried to walk past him when suddenly he gripped her wrist.

" Arre akeli kaise jaogi? Aajao main chhod dunga." He pestered caressing her wrist.

" Ch-chhodo." Zubia wriggled her hand. She was on the verge of having a panic attack.

" Whi toh keh rha hun. Baithho main chhod deta hun." The boy was adamant.

" Haath chhodo." Zubia said little loudly.

" Achha chhod diya." The guy left her hand when he noticed her shaking.

He was just teasing her, he thought it was harmless to verbally harass a girl but seeing such huge impact on her he himself got scared. And then just left.

Zubia stood still for a while, trying to absorb what have happened and what could have happened.

Wiping her tears that kept dripping she hurriedly walked towards her school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Zubia. Come. It's time." Zubia was in the middle of her psychology lecture when her teacher called her.