Chapter 2

Pov Raelle

I woke up in my bed at home. Panically I get up and look around the room and what clothes I wear. There are the posters and the books I had before the call to basic came. I look down at my body and see that I wear the black soft hoodie I loved and a blue jeans. I look in the mirror and see that I still have my long hair that I had cut by Olivia a day before that day but now I just need to find out what's the exact date.

Going down the stairs and making my way to the kitchen with hopefully some food I see Dad in the living room watching TV. "How long till I need to leave to basic with Olivia?" "Uh today evening. You know that. Is everything okay do you feel good or are you getting ill?" Dad ask puzzled but clearly a bit worried since I clearly should know when I leave my hometown, friends from school and my father for the better part of 30 years as that is the service time of a witch in the military. The problem is to survive 30 years in active duty and the chance of survival is significantly lower if you aren't going to war college but to your first deployment in a war zone against the spree or terrorist groups who hates witches and want to burn us till there is no witch left alive on this earth.

So... it's better to get into war college. I know that last time I hated the military and everything connected to it but at that time I just wanted to get killed on my first deployment so that I could join mom in death. I knew that that would leave Olivia heartbroken and that I would most likely condemn her to a similar fate because we are in the same unit. At first I had simply hoped that she would survive but after the Tarim mission I knew that I just couldn't die. Too many of my precious people would miss me. My Dad, Olivia, Tally, Abigail and Scylla even though I didn't knew she was alive at that time. It was hard for me to lose these thoughts but with time and the help of my family and friends I managed it and I did it thankfully before the whole we are now fugitives on the run situation.

Finishing these dark toughts of the past and concentrating on the present "I am just nervous you know. Where is Liv? She promised me that she would cut my hair for me since it's easier to have it short in basic so that it doesn't get in the way in physical training." She should be here any minute now.
Ding Dong

"Ah there she is. Why don't you let her in Rae. I think we still have some soup left for her if she wants to eat something okay?" The time needed to go to the door seemed to be endless and seconds simultaneously. This is it. I will see Olivia again, alive and healthy and not dead and tortured. I don't know what I will do when I open that door and see my sister for the first time in over a year since her death.

If everything went well with the timejump ritual she should be back too and also remember the past before her death. At least that is what Khalida and Adil theorised before their death when we found the ritual. The question is if it has worked as it should and if it did. What exactly she remembers and if she remembers something after her death like how it is to be death or some weird things like that. Will my childhood friend, my unit mate but most of all my little sister remember me. That were the questions that were running around my head while I crossed the distance between the living room and the house door my dead-and-alive-again sister was behind.

Gulping I open the door. There she is beautiful Olivia alive and well, with her long brown hair and baby blue eyes. Smaller than me and quite frail but me and the rest of our unit would remedy that as soon as we are back in Fort Salem and together again.

She opens her mouth
"Hey Rae. What would you say if someone has the nickname shit bird?"