Chapter 3

Pov Olivia

Being death is strange you know. One moment you are still alive fighting not to say anything to the camarilla that could harm your sisters and your coven. You feel the pain of every slash of the knife they use to torture you they promise to end your pain quickly if you would just tell them. Even tough they are oppressing your magic you can still feel it trying to heal you continuesly but it doesn't matter. For every gash your magic heals the camarilla is making two new ones to make you open up. To give something to them. Anything that will help in destroying your coven and witchkind as a hole. But you are nothing but not stubborn. You never said a word to them. The only noises they hear from you are the groans of pain when they torture you with the knife or the whip.

You don't know when but at some paint the injuries stop to hurt. It just gets colder and colder. Your body begins to feel to feel like stone. It's to hard to move in the shackles they put on you to stop you from escaping. The eyelids are getting heavy and the ceiling of the cave you are imprisoned in is getting blurry. Is this the end you ask yourself. Somehow your tense and hurting muscles relax without your agreement. For the last time you exhale and the pain stops completely.

Most people ask themselves at one point of their live how it is to be dead. Does heaven and hell exists? When I died I didn't leave to ascent to heaven. While I didn't hurt anymore my soul stayed near my body. I observed my dead body. That was really strange seeing the own body bloodied, tortured and violated. I know I should be angry and sad that I died but somehow I'm detached like am watching a film. Time stops to have a meaning with your own death but at some point a guard of the camarilla enters your cell. Presumably to rape you again but instead of finding myself fighting against the shackles and looking up at him fearfully all he finds is my dead cold body. He screams for his comrades and they all come like a moths to a flame. I hear them arguing with each other about what to do now. In the end they all leave and don't come back so that I am alone again. Floating over my own dead body.

Some hours later at least I it was hours I hear footsteps again. They come nearer and nearer the noises being amplified by the walls. The door gets busted out of it's hinges and there stands my coven consisting of Abigail, Tally, Raelle, Scylla, Adil, Khalida, Anacostia, Petra and Nicte. I see the exact moment they register of what they see, the moment they comprehend that they were to late to safe me. I can see the heartbreak and pain in the eyes of all of them and it seems time stops for them because none of them move. I assume they are to scared to move because that would make it real to them. The first to break that standstill is Nicte. Nicte who became something align to a mother for me. She slowly comes to my body and gets on her knees. Her quivering hands oh so gently close the eyelids of my body while she has tears in her eyes and I can see her utter sorrow of coming to late. Of coming to late to safe the girl who became her daughter. Her clothes dirty, she is silently sobbing over my body.

"Give me the blanket" she says and Abigail getting out of her stupor moves forward to give Nicte a folded blanket and help her to envelope my body in it so that it's protected somehow and to give me back some dignity even if it's in death. They all saw what happened to me how they raped me and left me nearly naked. Every single one of them is silently sobbing with Raelle and Scylla holding hands to give each other strength. With gentle but strong movements Nicte is lifting my body into her arms. I don't know how but I can still feel the sensory impressions of my body. How Nicte cradles it like it's a newborn infant while carrying me slowly out of the cave where I found my death. The others forming a protective circle around us. And while I can feel the utter devastation, sorrow and anguish about my death from them, I can also feel their furious rage and anger against the camarilla for killing me. But the strongest feeling they have at the moment is that of protectiveness. The need to make sure that at least my body will be safe on it's last journey and hell to everything that comes even close to harming me at the moment.