Chapter 27: A painful sacrifice.

She jumped with all her might, her hand stretched out to hold the wall, so she could climb over and jump over the wall, but she felt herself being pulled away from the wall instead.

  She landed on the floor, her butt hitting the cold snow with a loud bump. Coming into her view was a cold pair of eyes, piercing into her soul, with a nosemask on and the cloak covering his head, she didn't need anyone to tell her that the person was the black robe that came with the Elder.

   His glare alone was enough to instill fear into her but she gathered courage and kicked him in the jaw, her strength was enough to push him away from her but it didn't seem to have an impact on him. It only made him to stagger a few steps backwards.

She took the chance of him being away from her and jumped to her feet and headed the opposite direction. He grabbed the basket at her back, hoping he would be able to drag her with it but she was quick to remove it, leaving the empty basket in his hand and increasing her pace before fleeing with full force, climbing over the wall like an expert and landing at the other side effortlessly. 

She didn't stop, picking her pace again and fleeing the adjacent direction, all of a sudden, she met herself heading for the floor and screeeech, she found her head buried in the snow.

   He grabbed her by her hair and marched back to the yard.

She remembered her earrings were made of thin copper and the oval shaped earrings that were medium sized were very sharp.

She used one of her earrings to slice the wrist that grabbed her hair but it had no impact on him. Instead, he used that opportunity to grab her hand, holding it firmly with her hair. She dropped the second earring when she hit a hard rock in the process of her being dragged away.

She tried to kick him, swinging her leg in a clockwise direction but he blocked it off with ease, throwing her leg away from him, causing her to hit the back of her leg on the wall with full force.

Her scheme of luring them away failed woefully. She couldn't even get away from the grip of this Black Robe, who aggressively dragged her back into the yard, passing through the front gates of the compound.

He walked towards the Elder and the lady dressed in green frills gown who was the head of the Scarlett Blades, and literally threw Milani on the floor in front of the Elder and Laya.

Milani was out of ideas. Only one was left.

She hurriedly got on her knees and began to plead.

"I'm sorry I tried to escape. I was scared that you would kill me if I couldn't produce the child but she's not with me anymore. I promise. She was taken away by Blade and because he's more powerful than me, I couldn't confront-"

"Just how many more times did you plan to deceive us?!" The Elder raised his voice. It was much obvious that he was now irritated.

"Aunty Milani..." Milani's heart sank deep like a coin tossed into the sea when she recognized that voice.

Her hands began trembling, she was shivering even when she felt hot inside. She slowly turned back and saw Lenora in the hands of one of the Red Robes around. He held the hand of the little girl like a guardian but a dagger was hidden in the sleeve of his other hand.

She thought she had hidden Lenora well.

What happened? How did he find her?! -  Milani couldn't help but think.

She could see Lenora wanted to run to her but she looked scared. As though the man holding her hand had threatened her before.

Milani wanted to think but she couldn't. Her brain was blank and fuzzy. The cold that had always been there began seeping into her body, yet she was feeling hot from the inside.