Chapter 1

Skyler 'Sky' Jorden set down her curler. She brushed through her long brown curls. She searched through thick hair for a straight strand. While finding one, Sky picked up the curling wand burning herself in the process. "Shit," She grumbled curling the brunette strand away from her face.
Her black cat Oreo jumped onto her vanity. He purred as he began to play with her curler. Sky picked it up as she unplugged it. Today was the first day she departed for Western State. A tear escaped trickling down her cheek. She couldn't believe high school was over. It was all she had ever known. Skyler dapped her cheeks checking her makeup in the mirror. Sky was not one to wear anything on her face but today was a special occasion.
Her mother Stephanie "Steph" Jorden knocked lightly on her door. She turned to see her sweet mother. Sky and her mom had always been closer than most kids were to their parents, nothing less than their mother. Steph's green eyes had grown watery, "You ready to go Sky?"
No. "Yes, momma."
Skyler kissed her cat goodbye and glanced around her room. Tears threatened at the corners of her eyes again. She grabbed her last suitcase and walked to her door. She took a final look around. Sky shut her door along with the front one. She loaded her luggage in her trunk. She clung to her mother attempting not to sob. There was a breeze that settled in the muggy summer air. Steph wiped away Sky's tears, "I'll come and visit you next weekend honey."
"But it's so far away. That's next Saturday," she said.
"It'll be here before you know it." Her mom stated.
***

Once Skyler brought her last suitcase into the dorm, she threw herself into the bed. She was thrilled that she had gotten their first. She didn't feel like decorating until her roommate had gotten there. She didn't know whom she was paired with. She hoped it would be an extravert. The doorknob giggled and turned. A girl with long auburn hair entered with baby-blue eyes. She was slender and short, with a dip at her hips, giving her an athletic hourglass shape. Sky shook herself out of her trance. Why was she checking out her roommate?
A smile curved at her heart-shaped lips, "I'm Ella Cross."
"Skyler Jorden. But Sky for short." She returned the smile.
Ella sat her stuff down on the bed adjacent to Sky.
Skyler let her eyes run up and down Ella. She was stunning. Her thighs curved perfectly when she sat down. Her curled copper hair flowed freely down her slender shoulders. Ella seemed to notice her staring, "I know, I'm short as well. I'm 5'4"
"I'm 5'2."
Ella smiled and stood up adjusting her short black Nike shorts,"I'm going to figure out my classes."
She motioned for Sky to follow, "come on now, don't just sit there."
Skyler got up and followed behind Ella. They walked down the long corridor then down a flight of stairs. Sky opened the glass door for Ella, and a few other students passed through. Her eyes locked with a pair of deep set blue eyes belonging to a man. As he smiled dimples appeared as his hair fell into his face. Sky blushed running into a pole. Ella giggled as she helped her up, "Sky that's not the way to impress anyone."
She rubbed her forehead taking Ella's hand, "no doubt."