𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 » 𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐨, 𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《

"Where are you taking me?" Tashi looked to her left, squinting her eyes in suspicion as her mate drove. "Do you trust me?" He reached for her hand, intertwining their fingers as she smiled. "You haven't done much to earn my trust, so I'm unsure," she shrugged. He chuckled softly, "good point. But, trust me, you'll love this place." She raised a brow, "it's not someplace you've taken your wife before, is it?"

"Ex-wife," he corrected, "and no, I've not taken her here. I didn't really take her anywhere."

"Weren't much of a romantic, were you?" She mused.

"I was, I am, it just wasn't for her. Our relationship was...different. We were friends before we married. She had a mate, his name was Joshua. But he wanted to take her away from the Volturi and Aro wouldn't have it. She was a valuable asset to the coven." Caius said, and she furrowed her brows in thought at his words. "..and let me guess. Aro killed this Joshua...and he forced you to marry so she couldn't leave. But if that's true...how could she have left now?"

Caius glanced at her, and normally, he would never tell secrets kept within Volturi walls, but he couldn't find it in himself to lie to her. "Aro let her leave...because he wants you to replace her."

Tashi scoffed in disbelief, until she saw his face...he wasn't kidding. "No. No, there's no way. He's mad. I would never join. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't. That would be like...giving my life away and throwing the key into the ocean." She exclaimed, not realizing the car had already stopped. He sighs, "don't be sorry, I already knew what your answer would be." Her face falls and she watched as he stepped out of the car. She's quick to follow after him, stopping when her eyes fall onto the familiar path.

"I know this path. Why are we here?" Tashi questioned, her golden eyes glazing around the woods, memories flooding her mind.

"Trust me. You want to know what's here." Caius extends his hand to her, and she knew that look he wore...it was guilt. With some hesitation from her side, she reached out and took his hand. He led her down the path, rocks pressed into the earth. It was like stepping back into time for her. Then her eyes landed on the cottage, it was the shade of black, the roof no longer standing, the scents of charcoal and smoke filling her nose. That night on the back of her mind.