4.6

I slammed the newspaper down

I slammed the newspaper down. It has been three weeks and Edward still hasn't come home. He was still hunting. Hunting me. The latest girl was the closest to me. I shook my head as I tried to think of my Edward. Not this monster that the newspapers and tv reporters were talking about. I sighed as Charlie came into the kitchen. He had been so happy that Edward wasn't around and Jake was. It annoyed me that he didn't notice how upset I was.

"You know if I didn't know any better! I would say that this guy is hunting you!" He said and I did my best to not shiver. As he was right. Edward was hunting me.

"Yeah!" I said through clenched teeth. I didn't want him to know that in a matter of three days Edward would be back and I could be one of his victims. That I could be dead. "I have to go see Jake!" I said as I stood from the table. I stopped as Charlie looked at me funny. "What?" I asked. I was annoyed that my father cared more about my best friend than he did about my boyfriend. No, my fiance.

"Things with you and Jake seem to be going well!" He said and it confused me. What did he mean?

"What are you talking about?" I asked as I wanted to know what he meant by things with Jake are going well. I mean yeah he is my best friend but that is it. But the look he gave me was a confused one.

"Aren't you and Jake dating?" He asked and I stood frozen. I wasn't sure how long I stood there just staring at my father. But it seemed like forever before I could shake my head no.

"N-No!" I stuttered out. "Why would you think that?" I asked, starting to get pissed off.

"I mean you are always with him and then there was the kiss I saw a few days ago!" He said and I frowned at him. I hated that I had let him kiss me. I hated that I let it go further than that.

"It was just a kiss!" I said as I shook my head as I tried to not think about what happened after that kiss. "Nothing more. Edward and I are still together!" I said before I stormed out of the house. I wasn't sure why I was so upset. As I drove I realized I was upset with myself. With how I had gone about everything. How I focused Edward's hand in bringing me to his family's home. If I had just let things happen then maybe things would have been different. Maybe they would have liked me. Hell even welcomed me into their family.

 Hell even welcomed me into their family