🌑~2~🌑

.

.

.

      "Go on Nova, go play" Aliur said as he took the leash off his dog.

      Nova was pleased and barked happily and ran off to go play with some other dogs her size. Aliur smiled as he watched the playful creature. He sat at a bench as he took a sip of his coffee, relaxing in the rays of the sun, and the soothing breeze of the wind. 

     He looked around the park and saw many humans. Both young and old, both male and female, all kinds of heights and sizes. He found the human race fascinating and dangerous. Hearing a familiar bark, he looked ahead and found his dog, Nova, ran up to him while holding a stick. 

    Aliur raised a brow "What?" He asked.

   Nova was a smart King Shepherd, she knew her owner was unfamiliar with these sort of things, and she looked over at a certain spot, Aliur looked to, that's where he found someone else holding a stick, with their own dog in front, wagging their tail happily and playfully. Aliur watched as the person threw the stick and the dog chased after it, and ran back to their owner to throw again.

     Aliur understood then, Nova wanted to do the same thing. Aliur stood up, and Nova faced him, tail wagging. Aliur grabbed the stick.

    "Let's go find a place where I wont end up hitting someone" He said as he patted Nova's head.

    They walked for a while and he found a good spot, he readied the stick in his hands.

    "Ready Nova?" He asked.

     Nova spun around and barked happily. Aliur looked at a perfectly clear spot to throw the stick, and threw it, not too hard and not too soft. Nova barked in delight and ran after it. Aliur smiled as he watched the dog stumble a bit trying to grab the stick, and ran right back after him and dropped the stick in front of him.

    Aliur bent down to grab the stick and tossed it in the same spot and distance again. Nova seemed to be enjoying it. Aliur sat down crossed legged and continued doing what the dog wanted. 

    He tossed the stick.
    Nova runs to where it landed.
    Nova would pick it up and give it to Aliur for him to throw once again.

    Aliur found this surprisingly relaxing and enjoyable. Maybe he and Nova should do this more often?

.

.

.

     It was almost nightfall when they were walking back to the apartment. Aliur needed to get ready for work which was in a couple of hours. He walked the city streets, Nova on her leash as she walked happily for the good day they had.

    As they walked, Aliur spotted a paper on a pole. He thought it was another missing person or animal poster, or an ad for a company poster. But in big red words were:

"Need a Roommate?"

    Aliur was intrigued, and looked at it. Aliur often had work, and was half the time away from home more than a couple days time. Plus, when he was away, Nova needed someone there to take care of her.

    Aliur took the poster and continued walking home, studying it as he did. .

.

.